Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

unused travel fund

Meihuei
Explorer C

Can someone explain what this error message means? I am having issues to apply unused travel funds to my future trip. thanks!

Please remove this fund and re-enter the information confirming the following:
The confirmation number is entered correctly.
The passenger name on the reservation is entered correctly.
The reservation was purchased online via southwest.com or swabiz.com or mobile.southwest.com or Southwest Vacations. Purchases made through Southwest Groups, Southwest ticket counters, or other Travel Agencies cannot be accessed on southwest.com.

If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW500105)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: unused travel fund

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Using the same information (confirmation number and name) are you able to verify the funds on this page? 

https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html

Are you trying to use other funds, gift cards, or other payment methods in addition to the travel fund that is not working?

Does the trip you're attempting to book complete before the expiration date of the funds?

fatcake
Explorer C

I have been having this problem since months ago when SWA website got revamped.

As a long time A-list customer, I was always able to manage my reservation and travel fund at ease until the travel fund application on reservation was broken. Then I always had to spend extra time with customer service on the phone each time when needing to use my travel fund, which is very inconvenient to both myself as a customer as well for SWA staffs.

I've already voiced this concern each and everytime I called to make reservation but nothing has been fixed.

FYI, I'm always able to use the travel fund verification site (https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html) to check the fund availability without any problem but just never able to apply it during reservation.

I just happened to see this thread posting where another customer was also having similar problem as mine, which leads me to believe that it could be a problem on the reservation travel fund application where it was unable to recognize name with multiple words in either last name or first name. 

Please kindly look into this matter. Thanks!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@fatcake wrote:

I have been having this problem since months ago when SWA website got revamped.

As a long time A-list customer, I was always able to manage my reservation and travel fund at ease until the travel fund application on reservation was broken. Then I always had to spend extra time with customer service on the phone each time when needing to use my travel fund, which is very inconvenient to both myself as a customer as well for SWA staffs.

I've already voiced this concern each and everytime I called to make reservation but nothing has been fixed.

FYI, I'm always able to use the travel fund verification site (https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html) to check the fund availability without any problem but just never able to apply it during reservation.

I just happened to see this thread posting where another customer was also having similar problem as mine, which leads me to believe that it could be a problem on the reservation travel fund application where it was unable to recognize name with multiple words in either last name or first name. 

Please kindly look into this matter. Thanks!

I'd suggest you contact Southwest directly, so that they can look into this. (The forum here is mostly customer-to-customer.)

I'd recommend using the email form on the website: Contact Us.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Meihuei wrote:

Can someone explain what this error message means? I am having issues to apply unused travel funds to my future trip. thanks!

Please remove this fund and re-enter the information confirming the following:
The confirmation number is entered correctly.
The passenger name on the reservation is entered correctly.
The reservation was purchased online via southwest.com or swabiz.com or mobile.southwest.com or Southwest Vacations. Purchases made through Southwest Groups, Southwest ticket counters, or other Travel Agencies cannot be accessed on southwest.com.

If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW500105)

Hello. Normally one gets that message when something in the input information is incorrect. The 

confirmation number is incorrect or the spelling of the passenger's name is incorrect or the name and the confirmation number do not match.

A common error is inputting an "O" when it should be "0" (zero). I've seen that message lots of times, but typically it happens to me when my input information contains an error.

I've found that doing a cut and paste of the confirmation number helps eliminate errors.

fatcake
Explorer C

Thanks for the suggestion.

But as I mentioned, I'm an A-list and long time SWA customer who has used this for years.

And I have many of these travel fund codes at any given time due to my frequent flying and schedule changes. So no, I don't make mistakes on all those codes typo or even cut and paste errors every time.