Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing last name on ticket

Chiragsm
Explorer C

I MISTAKELY ENTERED LAST NAME WRONG WHILE BOOKING A TICKET FOR FUTURE TRAVEL , HOW CAN IT BE CHANGED ?

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Changing last name on ticket

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @Chiragsm,

Mistakes happen - we can help. You'll need to connect with one of our Customer Relations Representatives so they can assist you with the name correction. You can reach us on Twitter (@SouthwestAir), on our Southwest Airlines Facebook Page, or by calling 1-855-234-4654.

andemills
Explorer C

I need to change reservations, can change a passengers name that is currently on the ticket?  I have a business select tickets.

Thank you

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Business Select tickets are fully refundable. You'll want to cancel that existing ticket and request a refund, and then rebook in the new passenger's name. Do not just change the name on the ticket. If you do, you'll lose the ability to get a refund if you need to do so in the future, due to a recent policy change.

Re: Changing name on ticket

lcheet
Explorer C

Hi. I have the wrong first name listed on my reservation.  i cancelled that reservation and rebooked correctly. But the credit on file still has the wrong first name Help

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @lcheet,

You'll need to reach out to our Customer Relations Department for assistance with changing the name on a ticket. Depending on the circumstances, they are usually able to help. The best way to reach them is on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) or by calling 1-855-234-4654.

AmandaCochraneD
Explorer C

I have booked a flight in my married name and plan to get a new passport to match but now it seems that might not be possible before the date of my flight. Can I change the last name on my booking to my maiden name? It would simply be changing from Cochrane-Davies to just Cochrane. I'm based in the UK and having trouble getting through to your customer services team on the phone.

Many thanks

Amanda

franktravel
Aviator B

Try reaching out on Facebook or Twitter. 

Good Luck! 

cmundy
Explorer C

Hi Southwest -- 

I just called customer support for this same reason and was told that there is nothing they can do to change my ticket.  Is there any way to get the ticket changed without having to tote my marriage license across the country? 

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Call back and try again -- sounds like you got an uninformed rep. Or better yet, reach out to Customer Relations via Twitter (or the CR number: 1-855-234-4654). They'll ask you to fax over the updated ID along with a copy of the old one, and your marriage license, and they'll update the name on the ticket for you.