Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Reservation not Showing on Companion's Account nor My Account

w84wind
Explorer C

I use my companion pass to book my daughter along with my reservation.  Flights booked using the companion pass do not show on her account, so she cannot check-in or get a boarding pass on the app.

I have tried re-adding her RR# and looked for other potential issues - but none were found... 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Companion Reservation not Showing on Companion's Account nor My Account

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@w84wind wrote:

I use my companion pass to book my daughter along with my reservation.  Flights booked using the companion pass do not show on her account, so she cannot check-in or get a boarding pass on the app.

I have tried re-adding her RR# and looked for other potential issues - but none were found... 

Does it show on your own reservation page:

https://www.southwest.com/myaccount/trips/upcoming

Where it shows your confirmation number, it should also be showing the companion confirmation number underneath.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

w84wind
Explorer C

Yes, it show under my reservation if I look on my computer. 

But that does not solve the mobile check-in and boarding pass issue.

It should show on the app on her phone, so that she can check-in and get a boarding pass.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@w84wind wrote:

Yes, it show under my reservation if I look on my computer. 

But that does not solve the mobile check-in and boarding pass issue.

It should show on the app on her phone, so that she can check-in and get a boarding pass.

Got it! We do this all of the time with my own companion, so it should be solvable. 

1) Call 1-800-435-9792 and make sure that the companion is noted with the same name and rapid rewards number from your companion's Rapid Rewards account. 

2) Using the confirmation number and companion's name, make sure the rapid reward number is added to the currently booked ticket - adding/changing any information for your companion online will not automatically propogate to any already purchased tickets - you have to call to modify those by having the confirmation number and name.

- add the known traveler number when you call too if you have PreCheck or Global Entry. This also you have a chance to add it when you book, but it won't propogate through by adding it to your online account for already purchased tickets.

3) Last resort - if you happen to be A-list yourself - setup your 24-hour reminder to check in your companion first, then check in yourself. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.