Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Covid-19 THANKS!

SWA_LUV
Explorer C

Hello, all -

As a SWA traveler for more than 15 years coupled with 30+ years of traveling on most all of the domestic and many foreign airlines, SWA deserves a big THANK YOU for their dedicated telephone responses for reservations and changes; their fantastic ticketing counter and gate personnel; their ground crews; their pilots and flight crews, management and unions.

Personally, I have had to re-book well over 10 SWA flights in the past month due to Covid-19 and cancel 3 SWA flights.  In each case, I was able to make most of the changes on-line, without issue.  When necessary, the telephone support has been OUTSTANDING.  SWA has outperformed in service and customer experience each and every reservation and flight (in the seat miles would be approximately 300,000 to 500,000 miles, conservatively).

During this incredible time we are all experiencing, I wish I had a "Thank You For Kicking Tail" for every, single, solitary SWA employee.  Until I get them, please accept this THANK YOU as recognition for the great job you are doing now and every day.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Covid-19 THANKS!

callyouout
Explorer B

You're right, Lets all take a moment to thank southwest airlines. 

Thank you southwest airlines for showing no mercy for your customer's hard earned travel fund money expiring soon.

Thank you for not understanding what a global pandemic is, and how a global pandemic means we are unable to fly during this time.

Thank you for not having a heart. Thank you for expecting us to pay your wages and run your company. Thank you for not using your brain. Thank you for not having a heart. Thank you for taking my hard earned money. Thank you for being a horrible company. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@SWA_LUV wrote:

Hello, all -

As a SWA traveler for more than 15 years coupled with 30+ years of traveling on most all of the domestic and many foreign airlines, SWA deserves a big THANK YOU for their dedicated telephone responses for reservations and changes; their fantastic ticketing counter and gate personnel; their ground crews; their pilots and flight crews, management and unions.

Personally, I have had to re-book well over 10 SWA flights in the past month due to Covid-19 and cancel 3 SWA flights.  In each case, I was able to make most of the changes on-line, without issue.  When necessary, the telephone support has been OUTSTANDING.  SWA has outperformed in service and customer experience each and every reservation and flight (in the seat miles would be approximately 300,000 to 500,000 miles, conservatively).

During this incredible time we are all experiencing, I wish I had a "Thank You For Kicking Tail" for every, single, solitary SWA employee.  Until I get them, please accept this THANK YOU as recognition for the great job you are doing now and every day.

Thanks for the kind words, @SWA_LUV. We have all hands on deck navigating these uncharted waters, and we appreciate you hanging in there with us.

Nicole
Community Manager

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Regarding travel funds, we are extending the expiration dates in some cases. For the latest information, click here.

Nicole
Community Manager