Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Changed

samganske
Explorer C

I am scheduled to fly on March 30, 2020 and want to re-book due to the Coronavirus restrictions. When I try to change my flight, it only gives me the next five consecutive days even though the guidelines allow 60 days from original date. I am traveling from the same origin and to the same destination. 

"If you are scheduled to travel between today and April 30, you can change your travel to a date 60 days from the original date of travel without paying any difference in fare if you are traveling between the same origin and destination. You can do this online by visiting Southwest.com/rebook. "

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flight Changed

dfwskier
Aviator A

Try using southwest.com instead.

Log in to your account. Find the flight you want to change in the upcoming flights section, and pick the change flight option.

Come back and let us know whether or not that works for you.

samganske
Explorer C

I have tried both ways and through the app on my phone. It still only gives me the option of the next 5 days. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

In that event you should use one of the non phone options available to you after clicking on "contact us"  below.

The Southwest app has a chat function.That might be another option.

Just thought of something. did you use a travel fund to buy the ticket? Could the expiration date be five days away? If so, that might be the issue.

SW is extending all expiration dates, but said it might take a few weeks to reflect that in the system.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@samganske wrote:

I am scheduled to fly on March 30, 2020 and want to re-book due to the Coronavirus restrictions. When I try to change my flight, it only gives me the next five consecutive days even though the guidelines allow 60 days from original date. I am traveling from the same origin and to the same destination. 

"If you are scheduled to travel between today and April 30, you can change your travel to a date 60 days from the original date of travel without paying any difference in fare if you are traveling between the same origin and destination. You can do this online by visiting Southwest.com/rebook. "

Is this an international destination, or a seasonal route? The schedule may have changed where availability for your destination is different due to the virus as well although I hadn't seen any domestic locations where service was being stopped yet - let us know the city pairs if you can and maybe we can help you navigate.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

samganske
Explorer C

It is not international. I'm flying from Chicago to Denver. They rebooked me on another flight because my original flight was cancelled. I would like to reschedule to the summer since they are recommending only essential travel.

bec102896
Aviator A

When you click the change button on the app or website it should give you the option to select a new date after telling you that you can change your flight. 

samganske
Explorer C

It only gives me the option of 5 days to change to when it should be 60 days from original flight.