Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flights Changed!

dubman
Explorer C

So I just happened to check my April reservations tonight and see that our outbound and inbound flights have been changed for our April Alb-Mco trip... Our outbound is now the day before and inbound is same date but gets in a few hours later. I never received any notification from Southwest on this change. Is that unusual? Any one else see chnges to their itinerary?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flights Changed!

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

It is unusual that you received no notification. I suggest checking your junk or Spam folders. If your flights were changed, likely due to the MAX grounding, you have the opportunity to change them to any other flight within 7 days that better meets your needs. Reach out to Southwest as soon as possible to make these changes.

dubman
Explorer C

Looked back at junk and I found an email for the return flight change, but didn't see anything about our flight change to Florida.. At least we still have a direct flight the night before our original flight, but now had to add an extra room only night to our reservation. Too bad we will be getting in at 10:00pm.. No chance to enjoy an extra day... Oh well.. Maybe I'll get an email about the outbound change and be able to get an earlier flight that day... Like you said, probably related to MAX grounding.. thank you

bec102896
Aviator A

You can always reach out to Southwest at 800-435-9792 and they can look at your reservation to see if it was changed due to the MAX they should then be able to help with the change instead of waiting on an email from SW as i think all the emails for April flights have went out already and they were only giving 3 days to change to another flight per the email I got about an upcoming flight. 

-Blake 

Pmfullagar
Explorer C

Sure! 97 minute wait on phone. No online help either!

o: Flights Changed!

dfwskier
Aviator A

No online help??????

Plenty of online help via twitter, facebook or e-mail

Click on contact us below.

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@dubman wrote:

Looked back at junk and I found an email for the return flight change, but didn't see anything about our flight change to Florida.. At least we still have a direct flight the night before our original flight, but now had to add an extra room only night to our reservation. Too bad we will be getting in at 10:00pm.. No chance to enjoy an extra day... Oh well.. Maybe I'll get an email about the outbound change and be able to get an earlier flight that day... Like you said, probably related to MAX grounding.. thank you

You don't need to have received notification, and the flight change doesn't need to be related to the MAX grounding (although it likely is). If Southwest changed your flight for any reason you are entitled to either another change at no additional cost, according to Southwest's accommodation procedures (same destination or coterminals if appropriate, within 14 days of originally scheduled departure date), or cancellation for a full refund back to original method of purchase (if you prefer or need to fly another carrier).

Reach out to Customer Relations (I recomend via Twitter or chat within the Southwest app) and they'll be able to help you. You might want to check the schedule online first, so that you have some idea what flights are available that work for you.

If you have purchased EarlyBird Check-In, you'll want to follow up and make sure that it transfers over to your new flight as well.