Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Over a 2 hour wait time and nobody answers

dsimon9
Explorer C

I have been on hold for over 2 hours.  Trying to make a reservation change.  Tried the southwest app and the web site.  Both generate the same error message:  expected pricing not matched.

What gives????  Over two hour wait.  My wife called on a different phone and the recording told her the wait was over 120 minutes.  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Over a 2 hour wait time and nobody answers

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I imagine customer service is getting slammed with calls similar to yours. You can try sending a private message to Southwest on Twitter (@Southwestair), perhaps they can help there if no additional payment is required. Make sure it's a private message you send and include your name and confirmation number along with the change you want to make. Depending on the specific request they may or may not be able to help. Even if you have to sign up for a Twitter account it would be worth trying. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Did this or any other comment in the thread answer your question? Please take a moment and click the "Accept as Solution" button on the comments you found most helpful, this will be a big help to any future Community Members who have a similar question!

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

There is a chat function in the SW app that could also be helpful here!!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dfwskier
Aviator A

NEVER stay on the line for hours. When the airline is getting bombarded with calls, you'll just hold and hold and get frustrated. Further, the SW call back process is hit or miss at the very best.

Instead, follow the recommendations upthread. You can also e-mail. I've had good luck with that providing a timely response. Click the link to get info about e-mail.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

I suspect that SW systems and people are overwhelmed.

edit add

SW reservations people use the same system to make/change/cancel as you do when you access southwest.com. This is what I just got in trying to change a reservation:

"Sorry, we found some errors...

• We are unable to modify your reservation online. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) to confirm a change to your reservation.  "

If you can't change your own reservation, it is likely that Southwest employees can't either. Hence the 2+ hour phone wait.

Just be patient and try again in 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I had this happen to me on one of my flights. I tried to change it online because the price dropped and I could not. I contacted Southwest via Twitter (DM - Direct Message) and explained the situation and they rebooked my flight for me in a matter of minutes. 

Give that a try - due to recent events it may take them longer to respond, but they are normally pretty quick to do so. 

--Jessica

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Twitter is usually the fastest route, and DMing on Twitter is even faster than fastest 🙂 best of luck!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger