Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Price Reduction

derekcarter27
Explorer C

Anyone experiencing problems with rebooking your flight to take advantage of a fare decrease? The price on my one-way flight has gone down, but when I try to change the flight to take advantage of the drop, I get an error message telling me that "there were errors" and a bunch of what looks like computer code. I have confirmed multiple times that there are seats left at that price, so I am not sure what else is going on that causes this. I was able to get some help from the SWA twitter team the first time the price went down, but it has decreased again and I would like to be able to take advantage of the decrease without having to contact customer service when it does decrease.

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Price Reduction

bec102896
Aviator A

I personally haven't had any issues with getting a ticket repriced. The best bet would be to keep using Twitter right now alternatively you could cancel and rebook at the new price but you would run the risk of the price going up while rebooking. It could be an issue with your confirmation number sometimes if you reprice too many times it gets mad. 

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

I dealt with this for one of my flights last month. The error I received was "Expected Pricing Not Matched." I ended up contacting Southwest several times via Twitter because the fare kept dropping and I couldn't change it on my own. They don't mind at all so please contact them.

I am unsure why that one flight caused me issues, but not others. An unconfirmed theory is that you can only rebook a flight so many times. 

--Jessica

derekcarter27
Explorer C

Thank you both for your responses. I am not sure that the limited number of times for rebooking would apply, I have experienced the error from the first time I tried to rebook. I will reach out to them again and see if they can adjust the fare for me.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@derekcarter27 We apologize for the issues you experienced trying to book the lower fare! What device are you using? Next time this happens, please share a screen shot of the code you're seeing here, and we can have our Technology Team look into it. Thank you!

Nicole
Community Manager

derekcarter27
Explorer C

Thank you Nicole, this is what I received. I did check to ensure that there were seats available and there were, so the error message doesn’t make sense.

5CBC3730-8C1B-468B-825B-FC397223CBA2.jpeg

derekcarter27
Explorer C

As a follow up to my prior post @NicoleAshley , this issue happens on both my iPhone using both the SWA app and the website, as well as on my laptop using the Chrome browser.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@derekcarter27 I sent this over to our Technology Team and will circle back when I learn more. Thank you!

Nicole
Community Manager

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C
Solution

I have rebooked several times due to price decreases and have gotten error messages. I've found that the best way to do it is to call and talk to a real person.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@StAugustine wrote:

I have rebooked several times due to price decreases and have gotten error messages. I've found that the best way to do it is to call and talk to a real person.

Although I have never had a problem snagging lower fares on existing reservations, I would certainly agree with your suggestion for anyone that does.