Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

RE:Southwest.com/rebook

dmhuval
Explorer C

We had flights to Cabo for a May 8th departure. Flights were cancelled and we would like to re-book for June 5, 2020. 

When do you expect that travel funds will be available to re-book online.

I receive an error message when I enter the record locator and name.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: RE:Southwest.com/rebook

dfwskier
Aviator A

@dmhuval wrote:

We had flights to Cabo for a May 8th departure. Flights were cancelled and we would like to re-book for June 5, 2020. 

Thanks

If the airline cancelled the flight, and you have not rebooked , you'll need to contact the airline to rebook.

Remember though, you are eligible for a full refund if the airline cancelled your flight. 

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Just to add, your travel funds will now expire in June 2021. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

kiule0001
Explorer C

I had flights for May 7th to Maui & southwest cancelled my reservation, they told me I had until June 30, 2021 to use my credits. It’s my understanding because of covid19 you should be getting your money back.  Any updates on this?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@kiule0001 wrote:

I had flights for May 7th to Maui & southwest cancelled my reservation, they told me I had until June 30, 2021 to use my credits. It’s my understanding because of covid19 you should be getting your money back.  Any updates on this?

If Southwest cancelled your flight you are entitled to a full refund.

You need to contact Customer Relations (not the "regular" reservations department) but their phone line has limited hours/days. Plus, when they are open, they're overwhelmed. I wouldn't recommend calling, your best bet is to reach out via Twitter or Facebook private message (they're staffed by Customer Relations).

kawohi
Explorer C

hi, I just read your comment and I tried very hard to get a refund as I didn't cancel my flight southwest did,but they tell me its the type of ticket I bought.Even though they cancelled it .

It was a "wanna get away" ticket so I cant get a refund.

And now my reservation code isn't working. 

Any advice??

thank you 

dfwskier
Aviator A

When Southwest cancels your flight, you are entitled to a refund to your original form of payment. If you paid by credit card, it'll go back to your credit card. If by debit card, it'll go back to your debit card. If by travel fund, it'll go back to your travel fund.

Alternatively, the airline should allow you to rebook the itinerary at a different time/date within 14 days -- any available seat at no cost

What is your travel date?

You can contact the airline. I would advise against calling today as there are lots of weather related cancellations and a gazillion people are trying to call .Wait times are awful. There are other less painful ways to contact Southwest.

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@dmhuval wrote:

Thanks

Their technology team is still working to implement that change in the system. They said 2-3 weeks a couple of weeks ago so hopefully soon. You could try calling to see if they're able to rebook for you (not sure if that's possible), but expect very long hold times.

In my opinion, it's unlikely travel will be back to "normal" by June 5, 2020, but good luck!