Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rates Change

hmcculloch
Explorer C

I realize that this doesn't relate to anything happening with the COVID-19 crisis. But I made reservations for flights in July and checked today and the rates are lower.  Do I have to call SWA to get the difference back (they were booked with a combination of points and $$) or is there a better quicker way? 

Thanks everyone! 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rates Change

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

You can make the change online and it will be much quicker. First go your reservation and click change then select the cheaper flight and accept if you paid was a CC you will have a credit to use within a year from when you originally bought your flight if you booked with points the difference in points will be refunded to the account that paid for the flight. The credit can only be used by the passenger who is ticketed on this reservation and is not transferable. 

-Blake

CountryAl
Explorer C

So if we go online and change our reservation to select the lower rate can we still cancel down the road if needed? I have a reservation booked for May for a festival that will more than likely be rescheduled. The price went down but if I change to the updated price can I still cancel if need be?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@CountryAl wrote:

So if we go online and change our reservation to select the lower rate can we still cancel down the road if needed? I have a reservation booked for May for a festival that will more than likely be rescheduled. The price went down but if I change to the updated price can I still cancel if need be?

Yes if you need to cancel down the road you can and you would then have 2 different credits under the same confirmation number. Credit 1 would be for the difference in fare and credit 2 would be the rest of the reservation if you cancel.