Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Shame on Southwest

joosht
Explorer C

These slimey nasty people have money millions and millions of dollars. But won’t refund money during this unprecedented time. They want to stand behind bull **bleep** “unforseen circumstances” or “you chose the wanna get away option” they know exactly what they’re doing. They are making sure they keep their money and screw the customer. All I have now is some credit for an airline I will never fly with again. All of Southwest is a joke they are nasty horrible people. Don’t fly with them even if you have no other option. Take a bus, a long walk, anything other than this terrible terrible airline

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Shame on Southwest

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry your disappointed for flights customers cancel airlines aren’t giving refunds for example someone in my family canceled a flight on Jetblue and they got a travel credit which is no different than what Southwest is doing. Your welcome to reach out to Southwest directly and see if they can help but looks like at this time they are sticking with the policy that has been in place for some time now. Submitting a Suggestion and/or Complaint  

-Blake 

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

"These slimey nasty people..."

Quit the name calling.  I doesn't help the situation.

"...have money millions and millions of dollars."

Please cite your source for your above quote.

This was reported 3.16.20 in USA Today:

Southwest also said it borrowed $1 billion to boost its cash reserves and is freezing hiring, offering employees voluntary leave and watching capital spending.

"Don’t fly with them even if you have no other option."

What happens when you need an airline in an emergency?  What happens if SWA is the only airline that gets you to your destination in a timely manner?  What if the most reasonable price is on SWA?  Are you saying that you wouldn't book?  We should all want SWA to pull out of this situation in a financially solvent manner.  I want them to succeed.  They are not a "terrible terrible airline."  They are one of the best with the most customer-friendly policies.

AnyoneButSW
Explorer B

I know right? They get millions in bailouts (of our taxpayer monies) and yet cannot see their stupidity in the handling of this. Here is what we sent in:

Wow - given the problems in this world SW airlines really have shot themselves in both feet. I called yesterday to cancel this res. I was told to wait until SW canceled the flight IF I wanted my money back (not a credit) So then, I called the holiday Co and even though they are notoriously harsh on canx, they did so without a question. We get the email from SW last night saying "Our flights are impacted" (no CANCELED) so I call and am told I cannot get my money back to aid me paying our mortgage and bills - but CAN GET CREDIT, we have both been unemployed since C19 lockdowns. We have no idea IF or WHEN we may ever be able to afford another trip like this. Extending flight credit is a crock! We need the monies to pay bills and survive this, we didn't choose to cancel and your agents saying "SW didn't canx either, C-19 did" is disastrous PR when AIRLINES ARE GETTING A MASSIVE BAIL-OUT BY GOVERNMENT (using taxpayer monies) talk about winning all ends up....wow C-19 is a win for SW - keep all the customers monies, some will die, others never recover financially so the bank will be full and THEN you get you government cash and the credit is never used - you clever nasty people.

I am stunned, I will never consider SW as a Customer First organisation. I always use you, we  also have a flight ******** to Austin booked....but I have to say, free bags is one thing, but this is just wrong, all wrong. As a result of C-19 we may well lose our house, we have no idea financially whether we will get better anytime soon, nor for that matter do we know when or if it will be safe to travel again - but when I do, I doubt SW will be the 1st choice as once was.

I hope others feel like I do as SW really do know a win win when they see one, instead of clapping in appreciation for what was once the best service in air travel, it is a slow-clap of sheer disbelief at the crass short-sighted-ness in a very troubled and financially stressed world. What good is flight credit when we cannot pay our mortgage next week!!

When you get your bail-out check spare a thought for the millions left unemployed and facing eviction and repossessions while you count their monies already in your bank SW!

!! We got a Form Reply !! They have NO IDEA, 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@AnyoneButSW wrote:

we didn't choose to cancel and your agents saying "SW didn't canx either, C-19 did" is disastrous PR

^^^ Wow.  Just wow if this is what agents are saying. ^^^

Customer | Home airport DCA

rzapasek
Explorer C

I tried to cancel my reservation to florida next week. Southwest west did good In extending when  I could use the booking, however I guess southwest really needs the money and refuses to refund my $100 fee for early bird check in. SHAME ON SOUTHWEST!!!!!

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

That is and has always has been the rules. You entered into a contract with Southwest, and now you are not willing to honor it. You are the one who canceled, not Southwest. Shame on you for being unfair. 

rzapasek
Explorer C

when I entered the contract I read the cancellation policy and accepted it. However I do not remember reading the early bird was not cancelable. When I called the sw rep she said oh nits there and guided me to FAQ area. The policy should have been stated up as you make the purchase. These are also hard times for all of us I believe SW to insensitive to its customers.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Thank you all for coming here and sharing your concerns. I know everyone is hurting, and I'm so sorry if we've let you down at any point during these unprecedented circumstances. While we are not making exceptions to refund nonrefundable fares canceled by our Customers, I urge you to contact Customer Relations to discuss your individual situations if Southwest canceled your reservation or you have associated EarlyBird Check-In.

It's important to note that our Customer Relations Department is a different Department than 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. While Customer Relations phone lines are not open on weekends, they respond on Facebook and Twitter 24/7/365.

Thank you again, 

Nicole
Community Manager

krk1128
Explorer C

My husband and I had 3 trips booked with Southwest (non refundable) which were credited to our travel funds due to the pandemic. We have 2 more trips booked that will probably have to be cancelled. All have non refundable early bird fees. I called customer service and it was suggested to reschedule the next 2 trips to maintain the early bird fees. Great to know! 

Southwest should credit to travel funds all early bird fees since Southwest is crediting non refundable tickets. Early bird credits should be included in the policy.

Disappointed in so many ways!