Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Vacation Package and Covid-19

jeeptech1213
Explorer C

My wife and I have a Southwest Vacation Package trip to Las Vegas scheduled for next week (March 24-27th) Staying at Cosmopolitan Hotel.  I just learned that the Hotel has canceled all reservations until March 31st.  What will happen to our trip?  Will we be refunded in full on our CC?  We didn't cancel our trip so I feel we shouldn't get air Vouchers because the hotel was the one who actually canceled.  What can we expect from SWV?  

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Southwest Vacation Package and Covid-19

janines
Explorer C

Expect nothing.  You will get a credit that is good 1 year from purchase date, which for most of us is sometime this year.  

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

@jeeptech1213 you should get in touch with Southwest Vacations, it's a separate travel company, if they booked the package for you.  They may get in touch with you directly by email but I imagine they are swamped with cancellations.  See if you're able to get in touch with them by phone or email.  While you're on hold take a look at your booking terms & conditions to see how they say they will handle something like this.

Customer | Home airport DCA

jeeptech1213
Explorer C

lol I've been on hold with SWV's for 2 hours with a first estimated wait time of 115 mins that hasn't changed one bit since then..... I'm also trying email.  I just figured i could post on here also as it might help some other people with questions on their trips as Southwest Vacations doesn't have a forums area on their site.

SWDigits
Aviator A

Please post when you get resolution, if you're able.  Like you said it may help others now or down the road.

Customer | Home airport DCA

jr13160
Adventurer C

Did  everything you mentioned as well as written CEO, VP's of both  Southwest Vacations / Apple Leisure Group. Then spoke to third party office assistant and still no solution. Just took my info and no response.  

I have posted on Twitter , Facebook Southwest Vacations / Apple Leisure Group too. 

Aboundingk
Explorer C

They do not answer the telephone or email

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Contact Southwest Vacations which is a different company than Southwest Airlines. The policies may be different than Southwest Airlines. Also remember policies may change so be patient.

--TheMiddleSeat

jr13160
Adventurer C

I would advise everyone that Southwest Vacations still does not assist in any way if you booked online a Southwest Air and hotel package.
Although the hotel I booked with told me that they did not charge me, Southwest Vacations still has my $633.08 because I paid in full at time of booking. 

I am trying to put a dispute with my credit card company since I canceled my trip the minute Dr. Fauci went in Television and stated if it is not an urgent matter and you have immune deficiencies or illness like cancer, then DO NOT TRAVEL! My husband has both MS and blood cancer! 
I canceled on March 13th via online for Travel on March 17-21. No one would answer my call at SW Vacation number and was on hold for a total of 4 hours in 2 days.  Then when I did get a call back they told me I needed to call another number, which then connected me right back to the same number!!
I have called both Southwest Vacations / Apple Leisure Group left 2 messages and written a letter but still no response. 
They keep on ignoring me and I cannot get my money back to my card.