Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Survey Pop-Up While Trying to Book

abb09emm
Explorer C

I am trying to book flights for my husband who flies Southwest every week.  There is a survey popping up on the screen that will not go away even after I've answered the question and repeatedly closed the pop-up box.  Every time I click on the departure box or the calendar, the box pops back up.  I am not able to book anything.  This is extremely frustrating because I have alot of flights to book.  How can I get rid of the pop-up box?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Survey Pop-Up While Trying to Book

dfwskier
Aviator A

I ssupect you inadvertantly mistyped southwest.com with something like southwet.com and clicked on the box that appeared. Thus you may have gotten some malware that corrupted the browser you were using..

You should not be getting any kind of survey from the SW website. I never have.

Try a different browser. If it's happening with Firefox, then try Chrome, etc.

You can also book via SW's cell phone app.

Good luck.

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I ssupect you inadvertantly mistyped southwest.com with something like southwet.com and clicked on the box that appeared. Thus you may have gotten some malware that corrupted the browser you were using..

You should not be getting any kind of survey from the SW website. I never have.

Try a different browser. If it's happening with Firefox, then try Chrome, etc.

You can also book via SW's cell phone app.

Good luck.

I believe there was a survey added to southwest.com in the last month. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The survey pop-ups are new, added to the website in the last month or so. But you should not be seeing the behavior reported. There are a couple of Southwest reps here who may be able to help diagnose the issue, if not I suggest you reach out to Southwest directly via Twitter for the quickest response. My only advice would be the old standby, to delete your browser cache and try again. Good luck.

jar98105
Explorer C

Today (January 25, 2020) noticed same popup. Southwest site functionality crippled on affected computer (Dell E6500). Tried another computer, which worked fine. Suspect malware from either Cheaptickets.com or bookings.com which I had to use the night before for flight to Toronto. Fixmestick and Spybot failed to find anything. The affected computer is still affected. The only way to get out of the popup was to "send feedback" button, which

probably went to Russia or elsewhere. Changed preferences and contacted credit card company. Bummer.

jar98105
Explorer C

Followup from jar98105: After posting the above, and exiting  I encountered the same survey, AND I AM USING A DIFFERENT COMPUTER than the previous "affected"  computer. So I think maybe this is a problem actually from Soutwest and not malware from elsewhere.

Kindly advise.

dfwskier
Aviator A

As chgoflyer said on 1/7 (above), it seems that the airline has added some popup surveys.

However, I have booked numerous flights over the last two months and have never been surveyed.

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi There,

Mark here from Southwest.  We haven't yet activated any pop up surveys on Southwest.com.  We do have an always on survey which is shown by a small "feedback" handle on the right side of your screen.

If you see a survey popping up could you reply with a screenshot or send me a message?  That would help us look into this.

We do plan to activate an "in the moment" survey in the future but that is not yet turned on.  That survey technology would go out to a very small sample of Customers when we want to learn about a specific area of the website or app.  For now though, that feature is not yet active.  Very curious to see what you may be seeing.

Thanks in advance for your help!

jar98105
Explorer C

Reply to Mark Hursh?Southwest Airlines

I appreciate your prompt response to the above subject of "survey"

popup on Southwest login encounter. I have screen captured an image

from my "affected" computer: Dell E6500 laptop. I had to transfer the

image via usb flash drive to another computer as my "affected" computer

will not allow me to log in to Southwest.com: just loops on/off when

pressing "sent feedback button. Am Using Firefox browser. Dell computer

seems crippled. Fixmestick and Spybot malware detection fails to find

anything. At this point, seems the "malware" is coming from Southwest.

Kindly advise.

southwestPopup#01.jpg

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

This is incredibly helpful @jar98105 

I've notified our team and we're trying to reproduce on our end.  Unforutantely so far unsuccesful.  Do you mind responding back with just a bit more detail so we can try to reproduce on a simliar device?

Can you send me a PM with info from the following screen in firefox:

• Firefox Version Number
    • Can usually find under the Help menu bar and then clicking on Troubleshooting Information
    • Better yet - if you can copy all the raw data from the toubleshooting inforamtion page and PM that would be fantastic
  • Operating System Version

Thank you so much for your assistance!