Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Website Errors When Rebooking

JenFearn
Explorer C

We are scheduled to fly to St. Louis from Boston in late May.  Southwest changed us from a direct flight to one that (inexplicably) has two stops, one in Milwaukee, and turns a 3 hour flight into 8 hours.  

When I log in and try to change it on the website, I find there's another direct flight that says "available" and I select it, and get all the way to the "reconcile" page when it kicks me off and tells me there's an "error".  This is the error message.:

-ZTy6MtcS1K4sIGWt1vFyg : 54a757f3-9aeb-4269-81e3-ed159b4a7ac9 : 400620377

It tells me to go back and re-select flights.  It doesn't tell me why, and then we begin this circle again.  It never confirms the flight is changed. 

Call wait time is more than 2 hours.  I get it, but why tell me to use the website if it isn't going to work properly?

If anyone else has had this issue and solved it, I would appreciate the input.

Thank you!

Jen Fearnley

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Website Errors When Rebooking

dfwskier
Aviator A

you could try the cell app chat function.

alternatively, since you do have almost 2 months to make the change, you might want to wait a bit for things to calm down and then try the phone again.

Re: Website Errors When Rebooking

jksobonya
Aviator A

Hello,

Try contacting Southwest privately via one of their social media channels like Facebook or Twitter. I have a DM going with them whenever I have issues and they are always quick to respond there. I did have a similar issue like the one you reported (but before the pandemic, this was back in November/December) and they were able to adjust my flight for me in minutes. 

Thanks!

--Jessica