Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What is a cancelled flight?

priv8pilot
Explorer C

So with all this crazy stuff going on I have a flight setup in May. At this time southwest has changed my departure flight three times now. My Original departure flight was cancelled and I was automatically set up in a different flight that same day, Then they changed it 2 more times. Now my return flight had been changed. Each time the flight I was set up on disappears. So is this considered cancelled flights? Of course I have the non-refundable flights. Each flight is now turning into all day to get where i want to go. This is NOT the flights and times I originally asked for. Any advise? At this time with all that is going on I just want to get a refund.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What is a cancelled flight?

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@priv8pilot wrote:

So with all this crazy stuff going on I have a flight setup in May. At this time southwest has changed my departure flight three times now. My Original departure flight was cancelled and I was automatically set up in a different flight that same day, Then they changed it 2 more times. Now my return flight had been changed. Each time the flight I was set up on disappears. So is this considered cancelled flights? Of course I have the non-refundable flights. Each flight is now turning into all day to get where i want to go. This is NOT the flights and times I originally asked for. Any advise? At this time with all that is going on I just want to get a refund.

Since Southwest has canceled your flight (and rebooked you), your options are:

-- Keep the rebooked flight

-- Rebook again if there are any better flight options for you

-- Cancel the new flight and receive travel funds, valid for future travel for the originally named passenger, with the extended expiration date of June 30, 2021 (all travel must be completed by then)

-- Request a full refund. To do so, contact Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 (not the regular reservation line) or better yet via Twitter or Facebook private message.

Hope this helps!

bec102896
Aviator A

So it looks like Southwest is making changes to the May flight schedule. By my observation they are doing 1 week at a time as I have received flight change emails the last 3 nights including just an hour a go. I’m thinking the changes should be done tomorrow since that will finish off May dates and hopefully you can then rebook to the flights you want and they will stay unless they reduce flights even further. 

-Blake 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@priv8pilot wrote:

At this time with all that is going on I just want to get a refund.

Reiterating the thoughts above, you are entitled to a refund as they cancelled your flight.  It is a shame that you had to come here to ask, Southwest should make that clear for all passengers. 

Customer | Home airport DCA