Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

extension of Alist prerred status ?

bkluck
Explorer C

Anyone here of preferred status being extended due to flight schedule being dramatically cut back? Delta and Alaska both have made such gestures.

It's going to be hard to maintain status when for at least half the year flights will be  afraction of what they normally are.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: extension of Alist prerred status ?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

I believe something will be coming soon since several other airlines have announced extensions. I think it’s going to be just like the travel fund extension the other airlines made changes and southwest followed a week or 2 later after a majority of airlines changed policies of course I don’t know if/when they will make any changes. The best thing to do is watch your email or social media for updates.

-Blake

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

This question has been asked and answered many times.

mptras
Explorer C

That is great that it has been posted and asked before, but I am scouring the FAQs and this was the only question I found to the like when searching for anything relating to A-List.  Could someone please advise or direct me ?  thank you...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@mptras wrote:

That is great that it has been posted and asked before, but I am scouring the FAQs and this was the only question I found to the like when searching for anything relating to A-List.  Could someone please advise or direct me ?  thank you...

Southwest will likely make some sort of accommodations but those haven't been announced yet.

SWDigits
Aviator A

@mptras the only mention I've seen from Southwest is in one paragraph of this marketing update:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Blog/A-Message-from-our-SVP-and-Chief-Marketing-Officer/ba-...

Hope this helps!

Customer | Home airport DCA

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@bkluck 

Check out this new blog post from Gary Kelly: A Message to our Rapid Rewards Members