Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check your reservations! "Watch the fall sale fares fall."

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I just saved around 8,000 Rapid Rewards points on a November booking to the Dominican Republic by rebooking the flight at the currently sale price.  You might get so lucky yourself if you check your current reservations or if you need to book a new flight. 

Here are the details per SW's sale site, including dates, etc.:

Book by 8/22 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. 21-day advance purchase required. Nonrefundable. Seats, travel days, and markets limited. Blackout dates apply. Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.Continental U.S. travel valid September 10, 2019, through March 4, 2020. Interisland Hawaii travel valid September 10 through December 18, 2019. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 10 through December 5, 2019, and January 13 through March 5, 2020. International travel valid September 10 through December 11, 2019, and January 7 through March 5, 2020. Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.

Restrictions and exclusions apply. See all terms below.

Book by 8/22. Good luck!

-A List, Companion Pass holder
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Check your reservations! "Watch the fall sale fares fall."

chrisdjenkins
Explorer C

Elijah you are so correct!  We made reservations to Maui in April.  Coming from Birmingham, we had to book two separate flights - BHM - SJC and then SJC to OGG.  Since that time, fares have reduced on BHM - SJC 3 times and SJC - OGG twice.  We have now saved 26,772 points on those flights for my wife and I!  

We're hoping for one more Hawaii sale before we fly in late October!   

Re: Check your reservations! "Watch the fall sale fares fall."

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@chrisdjenkins Awesome to hear!!! Aloha!

-A List, Companion Pass holder