Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: LAX to Liberia and San Jose Costa Rica limited to non-existent this summer?

stu2
Explorer C

The moderator says in one of these posts that LAX to LIR is offered seasonally.  In 2018, what is the season when it is offered?

michaeltoddglaz
Explorer C

In regards to LAX to LIR, this decision makes no sense:

* Flights to/from Liberia via LAX were always packed

* You advertise vacation packages to RIU Guanacaste and other CR hotels, but you can't book them from anywhere in Calfornia or the west coast. 

* There's no way to get from the west coast to HOU in time for the flight. I come from LAS which flys to HOU several times, but none of them are early enough. 😞

Nothing says customer happiness like annoucing a popular new route and then making it as inconvenient as possible to the most populous state in the country.

dylant00
Explorer C

I can't believe you stopped flights from LAX to Costa Rica...and I had to wait 90 on hold to find out. Terrible customer service.....And point to point....well the extra money for that means I might as well take another airline.

kirstenc
Explorer C

You can actually fly on Alaska direct from LAX to Liberia and their rates are pretty reasonable.  They had flights from $199.  I hate to have to recommend another airline but Southwest still has not adjusted the flight schedule to accommodate any CA to Costa Rica flights and Alaska has them direct several times a week.

Empresshara
Explorer C

I think given the 26% annual increase in traffic to LIR, the year round flights by Alaska Air and Jetblue contemplating expansion to this terminal maybe you should change your schedule. There are so many people complaining about the 4.5 hr commute to the Pacific beaches from SJO, it hardly makes sense to limit options, in or out.

LUV is losing business to legacy airlines here and nobody particularly likes it! Please reconsider as our "low season" has contracted from July to mid October and saavy travelers know that they can come anytime. We are also the closest airport to the hottest spot in Central America, Grenada NK.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Empressharawrote:

I think given the 26% annual increase in traffic to LIR, the year round flights by Alaska Air and Jetblue contemplating expansion to this terminal maybe you should change your schedule. There are so many people complaining about the 4.5 hr commute to the Pacific beaches from SJO, it hardly makes sense to limit options, in or out.

LUV is losing business to legacy airlines here and nobody particularly likes it! Please reconsider as our "low season" has contracted from July to mid October and saavy travelers know that they can come anytime. We are also the closest airport to the hottest spot in Central America, Grenada NK.

This community is meant to be user-to-user help, if you are acting in an official capacity (it sounds like you may work for the LIR airport or a tourism body) then you should continue trying to reach someone at Southwest directly with your information, I wouldn't expect the scheduling group of Southwest to see this post in this forum.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jdschulz50
Explorer C

Are you eliminating the BWI to LIR route after Labor Day? What are your plans for this route in the fall season? And what alternatives are there if you eliminate this?

BWI TO Liberia Costa Rica direct flight

aaroncw
Explorer C

Looking to book flight BWI TO Liberia Costa Rica direct flight.

i don’t see these flights was there a schedule change?

Colinb
Explorer C

I was also very disappointed to see that there aren't flights LAX - Liberia CR in June/July. Please consider adding some!