Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Me and many others fly frequently to Mexico City; please do not cancel the service

JE
Explorer C

I heard that SW is planning to close the route Houston-Mexico City; I'm one of the people that gladly signed for "Free Hobby" to allow it international service. By then  (and now), the route Houston-Mexico make a lot of sense. I use it 2-3 times a month and I found other regular customers flying the same route that now became so important for many of us. Should yuo are seriously thinking  in closing this route, I do encourage you to at least keep an early morning flight and a late night fly, but do not leave us without options versus United, Aeromexio, Interjet, etc all of those departing from Bush Intercontintental. I earned my A-List prefered status, mainly because of my frequent flights to Mexico City, and now should you cancel the route, that money will go to some other company not providing same great service 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Me and many others fly frequently to Mexico City; please do not cancel the service

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's not just Houston, Southwest is terminating all service to Mexico City (MEX) on March 30, 2019.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Me and many others fly frequently to Mexico City; please do not cancel the service

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear that you are losing service to MEX.

It appears that Southwest was losing money on the route, so it has decided to pull out from it.

Southwest isn't the only US airline to pull service /reduce service to MEX: AS AA, and UA have from the west coast. The ULCCs are impacting profitability, and as I understand it, load factors were pretty low.

Southwest has dual loyalties: to it's passengers AND it's owners - it's stockholders.

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@JE

I am sorry to hear that they are cancelling the route service to MEX. You could of write the letter to: 

Gary C. Kelly C.E.O. of SWA

C/O Southwest Airlines Co.

2702 Love Field Drive.

Dallas, Texas 75235.

tel:(214) 792-4000

Hope this will helpsSmiley Happy