Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Salt Lake City Flight in June

rost22
Explorer C

My family has a resort booked near Yellowstone National Park in the middle of June. We have been looking for flight from Milwaukee to Salt Lake City and noticed today that all week day flights are unavailable. Will flights be added in the future?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Salt Lake City Flight in June

dfwskier
Aviator A

If the flights say unavailable, I suspect that means they have been cancelled.

I'd be very surprised if any airline adds any flights until the airlines have some visibility on the effects/duration of coronavirus.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@rost22 wrote:

My family has a resort booked near Yellowstone National Park in the middle of June. We have been looking for flight from Milwaukee to Salt Lake City and noticed today that all week day flights are unavailable. Will flights be added in the future?

It isn't clear that the situation will be back to normal by then. In "regular times" I'd suggest to park at MKE and take the Amtrak and use MDW as an alternate, but with so much up in the air that seems to be too complex of an itinerary. 

Try looking at SLC and see where flights are still available from which airports, and you may be able to build an itinerary from MKE to an intermediate destination as separate one-ways. This is still a little risky if levels of service are further reduced.

It is also unclear what the refundability will be. If the flights are all canceled you may still end up with travel funds.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Adding to what David said

1) I wouldn't buy any tickets that far out right now. Coronavirus will likely still be affecting  the number of people that are actually flying in June. If so, I would expect ticket prices to fall between now and June.

2) I hate to say it, but don't eliminate Delta as an option. It does have a hub in Salt Lake  City