Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest Routes

Flyboy211
Explorer C

Any chance that Southwest will ever have a flight into Burlington, Vermont? Considering it is a three hour drive minimum to any airport served by Southwest, that might be something to take a look at.  Southwest is always  my airline of choice but that drive from Albany, New York or Manchester, New Hampshire  can be brutal, especially during the winter. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Southwest Routes

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Keep mentioning it here, can't hurt. There is also the next step after deciding an aiport is desirable that Southwest would need to get gate access, which might be tricky if they are all assigned already. The current gate holders are probably not interested to have Southwest come in there.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Flyboy211
Explorer C

I appreciate DancingDavidE taking time to reply but I was looking for someone from Southwest to answer my question, so no, my question wasn't answered.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Flyboy211 wrote:

I appreciate DancingDavidE taking time to reply but I was looking for someone from Southwest to answer my question, so no, my question wasn't answered.

You'll have to use the "contact us" link on the website to contact Southwest directly. This is a customer-to-customer forum, Southwest staff may come on periodically - customer service is on regularly and serves as moderators but we haven't seen any official responses about new airports on this community.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

missycastro
Explorer C

I am interested in a route to Burlington as well. What airports are the closest that southwest serves? 

Boston? Hartford?

SWDigits
Aviator A
@missycastro it looks like Manchester, NH may be the closest. Here is the link to the Southwest route map:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html

Customer | Home airport DCA