Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Website errors

Jwhodges80
Explorer C

Last night I attempted to make a reservation at around 9 PT. I was able to see the wanna get away fare, select to continue and then was met with the red death bar across the top with a ton of code errors that have zero explanation. As a frequent SW customer I am used to this box and can typically wait a few mins and try again with success. This occurrence was not like the others. 2 hours later I had the same result. Ironically or what I like to call, coincidentally, just after midnight it started working. Now the true problem shows up, I can no longer book the worry free pricing because I’m now within 7 days. I called customer service and they advised there was nothing to do in order to honor the price. As an A preferred companion pass holder this was disappointing that no one could correct the issue. I also feel as if the system shut down purposely  in order to force customers into losing their worry free pricing options.  

Note a happy customer because I had to rebook and pay for the higher class ticket due to your companies technical issues. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Website errors

chgoflyer
Aviator A

So... I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, regarding "worry free pricing." Fares on Southwest don't automatically increase seven days from departure, nor do any specific fare types such as Wanna Get Away become unavailable for sale at any particular time. Maybe you're confusing Southwest's policies with that of another carrier?

That said however, Southwest's fares do change frequently. And unfortunately what you describe is a not uncommon occurrence, familiar to frequent customers. Often the last remaining seat at a particular fare becomes unavailable during the booking process. This can be because another customer has purchased it before you have, or because of technological glitches inherent in Southwest's booking system. 

When this happens, Southwest is unable to honor the previous fare. Officially, their policy is that no fare is guaranteed until it is purchased. 

Personally, I had hoped that the conversion to the new booking system would have fixed some of these types of problems, however that does seem to not be the case. Which is disappointing.

A potential positive is that if you keep checking the fare may become available for sale again. 

Good luck!

Re: Website errors

bec102896
Aviator A

I do know that southwest was doing some website maintenance last night and they posted the notice on the website like a travel Advisory this should have only affected app notifications and email confirmations. That might have had some effect on bookings if something messed up but that I don't know. 

You could always reach out to customer relations at 855-234-4654 and they night be able to help but no guarantees as fares are subject to change until ticketed. 

Hope this helps

Blake