Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why can't I book certain routes?

Shacka1
Explorer A

SW shows the options for certain destinations such as (PLS or PVR) for example.  But when trying to view flights it tells me I have to call? 

Why is this, it makes it difficult to want to fly w SW when they make it hard to book a flight!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Why can't I book certain routes?

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@Shacka1 

some routes can’t be booked because you would have to connect somewhere and there may not be enough time for a connection to go to your final destination. 

you could try booking a point to point reservation which could work. To book this way start with a one way search and when viewing those flight results click modify at the top of the page and you will see an option for multi-city at that point you could add your final destination and enter the date you would like. If your still having trouble booking then I recommend calling reservations at 800-435-9792 and they would be glad to assist. 

hope this helps

Blake 

Shacka1
Explorer A

@bec102896  thank you for your response! 

That does make sense and I did try what you suggested, it did not work.  But for example flying to Turks and Caicos, I knew that FLL was a stop, so I was able to look at FLL - PLS, and yes you are correct, the connection was cutting it too close.

The only issue that I have with this is, doing it this way. I won't always know which other airport to put in to try and find a flight. For PVR, I have no clue!

It's just so much easier for me to go with someone else unfortunately, I love SW but lately I've been striking out with finding good flights 😞

Guess I can always call if it comes to that

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Shacka1 wrote:

@bec102896  thank you for your response! 

That does make sense and I did try what you suggested, it did not work.  But for example flying to Turks and Caicos, I knew that FLL was a stop, so I was able to look at FLL - PLS, and yes you are correct, the connection was cutting it too close.

The only issue that I have with this is, doing it this way. I won't always know which other airport to put in to try and find a flight. For PVR, I have no clue!

It's just so much easier for me to go with someone else unfortunately, I love SW but lately I've been striking out with finding good flights 😞

Guess I can always call if it comes to that

Go to this page and search from your destination using "direct" only to see which airports are possible connections.

One caveat that came up, the routes will show as available even if they are seasonal or on certain days of the week which can also be a reason that a city pair that you know have flights isn't showing up on the dates of your search.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWDigits
Aviator A

I think this is the link that @DancingDavidE meant to include.  I find it easiest to click on the list view and work from there.

Customer | Home airport DCA

Shacka1
Explorer A

Thank you for the link, this is super helpful!!!! Never knew this even existed.

Now I can see who connects to who and figure the rest out from there, thank you!!!!!!