Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Correspondence

ljarmstrong6
Explorer C

Hello,

I received an email that my application had been received and that the next step was to fill out my employment history and to expect to hear from someone soon in regards to setting up a meeting over the phone. I received a second email stating they wanted to hear from me to figure out a time that would work for an over the phone meeting. In the email a phone number was listed, so I called and left a message as well as replied to the email. Fast Forward to today I still had not heard back, until about an hour ago when I got another email stating that they had been unsuccessful in reaching me and that if they did not hear back by tomorrow at 930 am mt they would withdraw my application. I called and emailed again and still have heard nothing. I am slightly worried that you are not receiving my emails and voicemails and I do not want my application withdrawn. I have left a total of three voicemails and three emails and still have not heard back other than the email stating they have not heard from me. If you could please get back to me as soon as possible and suggest what I should do next in order for my application to still be considered in the hiring process I would really appreciate it. 

Thank you for your help,

Lindsey Armstrong

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Application Correspondence

RLivingston
Explorer C

The same thing is happening to me. Very stressful! What do we do? 

ljarmstrong6
Explorer C

I know I’m incredibly anxious not knowing if she has received my emails or messages. I emailed again and left another message, so hopefully they go through. Have you heard anything positive? 

Astroxo
Explorer C

The exact same is happening to me. I did receive a voicemail saying they received my message and to call them back. But afterwards, i received the same message saying that they would withdraw my application if I did not reply. 

I feel so confused. 

stephens1275
Explorer C

The exact same thing is happening with me.  I have also replied to all emails and left several messages, but I have not received any calls.  My final email also said I have until 9am today to respond.  Stressing!

ljarmstrong6
Explorer C

@KelbyTansey do you have any suggestions on what needs to be done in order for the applications to not be withdrawn? I dont know what else to do other than email and call the information that was provided, but I still have not heard anything.

Ddowdy
Explorer C

When should we hear by if we will get a phone call?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ddowdy,

Once your application for the Flight Attendant role is submitted, it will be reviewed in the order it was received. Due to this, the time to hear back can vary widely. You can find additional information by clicking the "Spoiler" tag on the first page of this post.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @ljarmstrong6, @RLivingston, @Astroxo, and @stephens1275,

Thanks to all of you for your interest in joining our Team! Don't be alarmed -- this is the normal process and our Recruiters for this have not withdrawn your application. Thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through the overwhelming interest for this role.

Kelby
Southwest Careers