Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Careers

It's more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you have questions about joining
the Southwest Team? Ask them here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Application/Interview process

Aggie1020
New Arrival

Hi i had applied few montha back do i need to reapply. Please help me i am so eager to join southwest team.  Thank u

DfDrPepper_23

@Aggie1020

Didn't you get the phone calls or had a interview? I supposed that you just had a interview and you were told that you are being turned down. You will have to wait for a year to apply for the SWA job. I have been there twice..

James94525
New Arrival

Hi Kelly, 

Is facial hair/beards allowed? I never see them in the commercials or website photos. Yes I have a goatee. I am waiting to apply as flight attendant, I was engcougred by two flight attendants I drove to the airport. I am a young 60, may as well start living!

James

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hey James94525,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! While in uniform, Male Employees may have facial hair as long as it is kept neat and trimmed. Click the "Spoiler" tab in this link for more FAQs about being a Flight Attendant with Southwest Airlines! Best of luck.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Moyerk47
New Arrival

Hi I have tattoos. Some visible. Is there uniforms that cover arms and legs?

Thanks 

Kimberly K. Moyer

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi @Moyerk47,

Our Employees have several uniforms options, including options that meet the guidelines you asked about.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JC34

Re: Tattoos...

I am a person who is not big on telling lies, white lies, untruths, etc....if asked, I would 100% answer truthfully.  For me, it's the only way I can operate and be an honest person to myself and others.   

Would my honesty be an automatic disqualification re: tattoos?

kelchrisjohnson
Solution

@JC34 From everything I've heard, honesty is the best policy! You won't be faulted for having tattoos. They just need to be able to be covered by the uniform. 

hleesc
New Arrival

Just out of curiosity. I applied for 2 position ramp agent and appearance tech. Whats the process on either position. I applied for both of them on June 8. I have heard so many good and positive feed back about the company. Hopefully i will be to share the LUV.

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee

Hi @hleesc,

Thanks for applying to join our Team! The normal process is that after submitting your application, our Recruiters will review resumes and then move selected Candidates on to a phone screen. Candidates that successfully complete that step will be invited for an in-person interview, and hiring decisions will be made after that. It is normal for it to take 4-6 weeks (or longer) to receive contact from our Recruiters, as they are hard at work reviewing many resumes! Just to make sure we don't miss you, please regularly check your Inbox, Spam/Trash box, and your voicemail at the contact number you provided when applying. Best of luck on both roles!

Kelby
Southwest Careers