Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Process

treyf41
Explorer C

Hello SouthWest Airlines Family! Just a few questions regarding the application process, I applied on February 5 and have checked my email everyday for any updates or responses and I still haven't heard anything back which is totally understandable considering the amount of applicants that were received so my question is will I get a email to set up a phone interview or will I get a phone call reason being is because I work a lot currently and I'm not able to answer my cellphone so I have been seeing numbers on my cell and I don't want to miss my opportunity to speak with a recruiter or how this this process work?Will they leave me a voicemail if I don't answer? Or just email me ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Application Process

kmlipinski
Adventurer C

@treyf41 I spoke with a friend that is a FA for SWA,  last night. She said it took almost 2 years from the time she applied until she was flying. I know it is hard to be patient, but hang in there.  Good luck!

KeithPitman
Adventurer A
Solution

Hello @treyf41...

I asked similar questions in an earlier post... here is the response i received from SWA employee Kelby Tansey:

Our Recruiters will reach out via phone call and will leave a voicemail. If they can't reach you after trying that avenue, they will then follow-up with an email. No need to worry -- our Recruiting process is planned in a way to give multiple Communication touch-points to our Candidates. Best of luck!

Hope this is helpful. Wishing you the best... maybe we will meet in class. I am anxiously awaiting a phone call...

Keith

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

treyf41
Explorer C

Thank you for the Information Keith I appreciate it! Patience is key in this process for sure! Best of luck on the whole process! 

KeithPitman
Adventurer A

Happy to serve! Best wishes to you!

Best wishes!
Keith Pitman

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

Don’t worry. They will call and leave a message and then reach out via email if they are unable to reach you through phone call. I’ve heard that several said it could be weeks to months and maybe up to a year due to the large amount of applications that were submitted. 

Good luck. Hope to meet you on the other side. Lol. Stay positive. 

Have a LUVly day. 

Christy Plagge

treyf41
Explorer C

Thank You Christy!! 

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

You’re so very welcome. 

Warrior spirit for life. 

Christy.