Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Status

Mbrooks19
Explorer C

I just submitted my application for flight attendant, and it immediately says "Closed Completed". Does this automatically mean that i'm not considered for the position? 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Application Status

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Mbrooks19,

Don't worry - "Closed Complete" is a normal status in the application process. If you are selected to move forward, someone from our Recruiting Team will reach out. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Application Status Process?

jodie13
Explorer A

Hello, I have submitted my application, for FA (2/5/18) successfully, received the confirmation email and I am checking my email and profile daily for a changed status.  My status is showing submission received. (But because of the turbulance of the system had that day of submission, I am just confirming my journey hasn't encountered any unexpected delay or became lost baggage) Can anyone provide the steps of the application process.  I understand there could/will be a phone call and follow up email, but on the profile itself, just wondered if it too will follow along the process and if so, what should those status steps be?  Hoping that the overhead compartments aren't too full and the oxygen mask will not be needed.  I am anxiously waiting on the runway, for take off!

Thanks in advance

Jodie13

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @jodie13,

Thank you for your interest in joining our Team! Rest assured, "Submission Received" is a normal application status for this stage in the process. For more information, you can find details of our application process in our FAQs by clicking the "spoiler" tag on the first page of this post. Best of luck in the process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

JazzyGirl23
Explorer A

Hello, I am a potential canindate for the Flight Attendant position with application status of "Recieved Submission" rather than "Under Review" submitted on the day of opening on Feb. 5th 2018 does this mean I am no longer considered or the position has been filled?

kelchrisjohnson
Adventurer C
Solution

@JazzyGirl23 Your status only changes to "Under Review" when they are reviewing your application. Since there was such a high volume of applicants, it might take them a while to get to your application! No issues there. 🙂

properporkrind
Explorer C

Thanks, for all you guys time in answering questions like those of this person here.  She is having the same situation as I am.  Everyday I check and I also keep checking spam, trash and junk mail boxes.  It seems like everybody is so supportive there.  I hope to get the chance to work there.  

A friend of mine who also works for SW says that they are probably still doing in house people at this point.  After all, it is 28,000 + applications.  

Kimbless
Explorer C

Hello,

I know they said be patient but I applied on the 5th of Feb around 5pm just hoping my application didn’t it overlooked.. How can I tell if my application is still pending??

Thanks,

Kimberly 

JazzyGirl23
Explorer A

Hi Kimberly Luv,  Southwest just as of late last year renewed and updated their website regarding the Login account to check your application pending status. Unfortunately, they should have automatically sent a updated Link to transfer your old account to the new one. It may have been lost Luv so sorry. Go onto the talent community and ask one of the employees that one they may have more insight hun. Luv Jazs C.

Re: Application Status

Traceehusted
Explorer C

Hello & Happiest of Holidays.

I too would like to confirm my submission 

2018-21940. On 2/5/2018 6:24 pm is still on flight plan. This  opportunity is Very important to me. 

Thank you for your time

Sincerely 

Tracee Husted

Teh8283@aol.com

Does not show a status on dashboard.