Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Status

zabrina95
Explorer B

I applied for customer service for HNL on April 17th and still haven't heard from anyone yet. On my dashboard it shows my application has been submitted. In May I received an email to go to a hiring information session. In which I did not go because it stated they will help you apply on line and go over the positions opened. Nowhere did it state they would have interviews. My friend who works at SW spoke to a recruiter where he is at recently and was told because I didnt go to that session I'm out. Is this true? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Application Status

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

Just stumbled onto this and would love to help, but unfortunately, as a volunteer I'm not verse in this field. 

Thinking aloud: Do you have a POC at SWA? Your friend and his recruiter might not have the most recent information on your application.

Hope it all works out,

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

zabrina95
Explorer B

No I dont have a POC at SW. I wish I did. Thank you for giving me a little hope. 

@ZevSupport wrote:

Hey there,

Just stumbled onto this and would love to help, but unfortunately, as a volunteer I'm not verse in this field. 

Thinking aloud: Do you have a POC at SWA? Your friend and his recruiter might not have the most recent information on your application.

Hope it all works out,

bec102896
Aviator A

From what I have heard if your application status is “submitted” you are still in the running for the job. If the status says closed/complete then you would need to reapply the next time the position is available (as long as it has been 1 hear since you applied for the same position) 

Hope this helps

Blake 

zabrina95
Explorer B

Thank you this helps.

apramirez
Explorer C

Aloha zabrina95!

As an applicant who is currently going through the hiring process for the HNL station, it is VERY important that you follow through with any direction given to you by the Recruitment/People Department. If you were directed to attend any "hiring session" or to fill out any other supplemental form or application they are requesting, you should always jump on the opportunity to get any type of face time and networking with the recruiting team. This should be a behavior for any type of job you are serious in being hired for.

Besides the application that is posted on the Career Site, there may be a second application/form provided by a recruiter, which serves as a legal document used for processing a Background Check and the very extensive Pre-screening process.

That is the application process in a nutshell. After submission and review of your application, a recruiter will contact you to do either of the following: 1. Review your application with you, or 2. If the application is complete, will set up a phone interview.

I hope this helps in giving you a little more clarity on the process. Please do keep up to date with your Dashboard and keep in contact with the recruiter who is in correspondence. Being diligent and very communicative is important in showing your enthusiasm for a position.

Wishing you the best of luck!