cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Careers

It's more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you have questions about joining
the Southwest Team? Ask them here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Australian needing help on applying for their dream job at Southwest Airlines

Tourist MillieVDZ
Tourist

G'day, my name is Millie,

I currently reside in the Australian Capital Territory in Australia.

Although I wasn’t born with the idea that I wanted to be a Flight Attendant, since I embarked on this journey all I have wanted (it sometimes feels like a need) is to be apart of the Southwest family.

I have heard the way you treat staff members is the best around which shows through your customer service; every time I mention to anyone about my goal to work at Southwest they only tell me they had the best experience flying with Southwest. They also mention how I should apply as it aligns with my personality and skills.

I am wondering if I have a chance still being an Australian Citizen to apply for a position in my dream company or how I can  improve the probability to be chosen for Cabin Crew (Flight Attendant) position at Southwest.

Thank you for your consideration,

Millie VDZ

Canberra, Australia | milliev2011@gmail.com

2 REPLIES

Re: Australian needing help on applying for their dream job at Southwest Airlines

KelbyTansey Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @MillieVDZ,

Thank you for your interest in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! It is great to hear that people recognize that our People are the Heart of what we do, even all the way in Australia! As long as you have authorization to work in the U.S., your citizenship status will not have an impact on your application. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Australian needing help on applying for their dream job at Southwest Airlines

Tourist MillieVDZ
Tourist

Thank you Kelby, 

You've certainly helped me a considerabe amount. If I may I'm going to ask one more question; is it better to be living in the states to be able to attend interviews or are there other options such as skype or an Australian city where interviews are held?

Thank you once again, 

Millie Van Der Zwan.