Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Becoming a Flight Attendant after retirement

Eirelad
Explorer C

As someone with an extensive and varied career in law enforcement (LE), public service, and college level teaching, I plan on retiring within the next year and am extremely enthusiastic about becoming a flight attendant with SWA as my next career in life.  I know that customer service experience is vital, but how valued are the experiences someone has in LE on a daily basis, (e.g. conflict-resoultion, diverse community interactions, problem-solving, working effectively under very stressful conditions, etc.) when considering suitability for an inflight crew position?

Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Ian

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant after retirement

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Eirelad,

Congratulations on your impending retirement! We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in being a Flight Attendant for Southwest Airlines. All of the skills that you mentioned are relevant to the Flight Attendant position, and will be considered when evaluating the suitability of a candidate. We hope to see your application the next time our Flight Attendant role is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant after retirement

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Eirelad,

If you are still closing in on retirement in your current career, you can find the most recent information regarding our upcoming posting here. We hope to see your application on February 5th!

Kelby
Southwest Careers