cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Careers

It's more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you have questions about joining
the Southwest Team? Ask them here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Becoming a Flight Attendant

demetria_bell
New Arrival

Good morning!! I am wanting to become a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines. To be honest, I have never been on a plane but my brother, who is Marine veteran, tells me it is great fun. I do love to travel and have always wanted to be on a plane. I do have experience in customer service and interacting with different individuals from all over the world. I just need to know what the job requirements are and what the positions entails. I tried to find the information on the website but could not find the information I was looking for. I am very eager to learn. Please help!

20 REPLIES

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant

ChristinaAyala Employee Rank
Employee
Solution

Hi there @demetria_bell,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant!  Our basic qualifications for the positions are as follows:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

A Career as a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines requires a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and a Fun-LUVing Attitude. We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is available.

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

laqua
New Arrival

How do you know when this oppurtniuty has become available? I signed up for automatic emails but I chose the wrong catergory and now I can't change it...

KelbyTansey Employee Rank
Employee

Hi @laqua,

Thank you for signing up for job alerts! You can find more information about your question here.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

tracy_thatcher

I was a Flight Attendant for American Eagle from'94-'95 and LOVED IT. My children are grown now and I would love to get back in the air. My dream job has always been Southwest Airlines❤❤❤ I would love job alerts and postings regarding the upcoming hiring pool. I am so excited about the opportunity to apply. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Tracy T

KelbyTansey Employee Rank
Employee

Hi @mikesavage7 -- We would love to see your application! Our closest base to Southern California will either be Oakland or Las Vegas. However, new Flight Attendants will be assigned a domicile location based upon availability and operational need.

@sandrachr2303 -- Thanks for your excitement! Having bilingual abilities always helps with our customer-facing roles. Although we will not have a separate application process for bilingual candidates, we would love to see your application for the general position! You can find more information about the application process here.

@tracy_thatcher -- We would love to see you back in the air! You can find more information about becoming a Flight Attendant with us here.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

tracy_thatcher

I have created and have submitted my profile and my resume and I am beyond ecstatic that SWA will be hiring Flight Attendants!!!! I would LUV to fly for SWA and look forward to hearing from you❤❤❤✈✈✈

mikesavage7
New Arrival

Is it possible to live in Southern California and be part of the Southwest team?

Also, I am 63 and am in perfect health and am looking for a total change in my career path as an accounting manager. I love helping people and think I would fit in well. We are empty-nesters.  When I talk to flight attendants, the things they have in common are many years with the company and loving their jobs. Plus I am a private pilot and love to fly. 

Can/should I apply?  I would love working for SWA. 

Rori3691

Mike, of course you should apply!! It's never too late to reach for your dreams Smiley Happy

I'm not an employee (yet! lol) but as far as I know, the only age limitation is being at least 20 years old...

Good luck, and I hope to see you in training!

Smiley Happy

Olivia

sandrachr2303
New Arrival

Hi!!

I'm so excited to the next open hire date.....Be flight attendant at Southwest  it has always been my dream. I have a question: On February 5th, are you able to hire bilingual (spanish-english) people as well?? 

Thank you

Sandra