cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Southwest Careers

It's more than a career - it's a calling.
Do you have questions about joining
the Southwest Team? Ask them here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Becoming a Flight Attendant

Tourist Rank demetria_bell
Tourist

Good morning!! I am wanting to become a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines. To be honest, I have never been on a plane but my brother, who is Marine veteran, tells me it is great fun. I do love to travel and have always wanted to be on a plane. I do have experience in customer service and interacting with different individuals from all over the world. I just need to know what the job requirements are and what the positions entails. I tried to find the information on the website but could not find the information I was looking for. I am very eager to learn. Please help!

1 REPLY

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant

ChristinaAyala Employee Rank
Employee
Solution

Hi there @demetria_bell,

We are thrilled to hear that you are interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant!  Our basic qualifications for the positions are as follows:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

A Career as a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines requires a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and a Fun-LUVing Attitude. We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is available.

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community