Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Becoming a Flight Attendant

sossi
Explorer C

Hello!

I would absolutely love to become a flight attendant. i am looking forward to the position opening on February 5th. I am currently looking for a career change. I love to travel and fly. Two of my Uncles were pilots (one commercial) and a cousin is currently pursuing his pilot's license. I think the love of flying runs in my family. I have experience in Customer Service and Sales as well, so I know I will be a great fit. 

I set up my profile and attached my resume as well as a my Linked-In profile. Is there anything else I can do to prepare myself?

Lisa

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @sossi,

We are thrilled to hear your family has a love for flying and you are interested in joining the Southwest Airlines Team!  You can find out more about on how to apply here and check out a fun video here of another inspiring Flight Attendant.

Best of luck!

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

sossi
Explorer C

Thank you Christina!

One other question...  I live in California. If the position that is posted is for another state can I still appy? If so, would  I be able to work that position while residing in California? 

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee

@sossi

Absolutely!  Although the most preferred option among Employees is to relocate, you can commute as a Southwest Flight Attendant, it just requires a change in lifestyle for many Employees who choose this route.  Upon graduation from Flight Attendant training, each new Flight Attendant is assigned a "domicile" out of which they are based.  This is chosen based on availability and operational need. The ten domiciles for Southwest are: Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Oakland, Orlando, and Phoenix. 

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

sossi
Explorer C

Hi Christina, 

My name is Lisa Ouillette and I applied for the flight attendant position on 2-5-18. I had created a profile and on my Dashboard I was able to see the position i applied for and it's status, stating it was successful. I had also received an email confirming that my application, stating it was successful. However, I logged in this morning to see if perhaps that status has changed becuase i have yet to recive an email from southwest in regards to the position and my dashboard now says I have not submitted my profile to any jobs. I am unable to see the position with a status anymore. Simply nothing there. What has happened? 

Lisa

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @sossi,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! In order to see this application on your dashboard, you will need to login to the specific Flight Attendant portal, which you can find here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

sossi
Explorer C

Thank you Kelby, I found it. 

My status is still the same as before. I noticed others have stated they are moving along. Is there maybe an issue that I am unaware of that I need to fix? I was able to apply the first day the position opened despite the issues with the site going down or moving slowly. 

Lisa (Sossi)

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @sossi.

I'm so glad that you were able to locate the dashboard! We will be reviewing applicants in the order they applied. Rest assured, our Recruiters are hard at work going through the applications. There doesn't look to be any issues with your profile. Thank you in advance for your patience as our Recruiters sort through the applications!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Norayeg
Explorer C

Hello! 

How can I apply for flight attendant job? 

Please respond asap. Thank you! 

Nora