Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Becoming a Flight Attendant

MikeyWoods
Explorer C

Hello! I have always been interested in becoming a flight attendant. After reading this Q&A it seems as though in order to be a flight attendant, you have to live in one of the cities that has a base (Atlanta, Dallas, Chicago, etc). Is that just while you are in the probationary period? Or would I have to permanently relocate to a city where there is a base? I live in Amarillo, TX and we have a Southwest Airport here in town, so I always assumed I could work from here.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry, but with hundreds of planes parked due to the virus, and passenger loads down by 95%, IMO no airline will be hiring any flight crew for a very long time.

Suanny2021
Explorer B

Hello,

Im interested in how is being a SWA flight attendant.

1)What is seniority and how is determined?

2)When can a flight attendant pick up shifts to make  its own work schedule?

Thanks

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Suanny2021 wrote:

Hello,

Im interested in how is being a SWA flight attendant.

1)What is seniority and how is determined?

2)When can a flight attendant pick up shifts to make  its own work schedule?

Thanks

Cutting and pasting your post 3 times is considered to be spamming

James94525
Adventurer C

Thank you . I printed that out, great information

Waritzia
Explorer C

How about hair color acceptance on females, like navy blue for example. Since is the hair color I use? 

Thanks

naceliamaya
Explorer C

I wanna become a flight attendant but I have some questions .

I'm from a different country (Venezuela) and i have a protection from USA called Asylum , i can travel around the USA  my passport is expired and mi visa is still valid, how would that affect me on the way to become a flight attendant because is a really hard task to renew my passport, I was wondering if work permit would work as a document for me to be able to be a flight attendant or my visa, thank you.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@naceliamaya wrote:

I wanna become a flight attendant but I have some questions .

I'm from a different country (Venezuela) and i have a protection from USA called Asylum , i can travel around the USA  my passport is expired and mi visa is still valid, how would that affect me on the way to become a flight attendant because is a really hard task to renew my passport, I was wondering if work permit would work as a document for me to be able to be a flight attendant or my visa, thank you.

I'd suggest that you read the second post in this thread -the one from franktravel.

It's  contains lots of information   about FA requirements.

Good luck

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @katrinat27,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! Unfortunately, it sounds like the information you have received is incorrect. After being selected for an Inflight position, Candidates must complete our Inflight Training program (approx. 3 weeks). After that, they will gain their wings and start to be scheduled!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Kaitlynmoyer97
Explorer C

How do I go about getting the training? I cant find any information on it.