Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Felony in 1998

Krissteep
Explorer C

Can a person who got in trouble with a felony back in 1998 and has got 2 bachelors and a master and turned life around become a flight attendant? And what are the height requirements I am only 4”11

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Felony in 1998

Relll06
Adventurer C

That all depends on what that felony is for. But if you accomplished 2 bachelors and a masters since then I’m assuming the felony isn’t as serious as other felonies. In personal opinion you should seek other opportunities that you better qualified for with your masters. They have a program called ELDP that will be posting soon. I would set look in to that also

but to answer your question just apply the worst they can say is no 

SWDigits
Aviator A

@Krissteep wrote:

And what are the height requirements I am only 4”11

See this post, there is not a specific height requirement: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Southwest-Careers/Becoming-a-Flight-Attendant/m-p/92548/hig...

Customer | Home airport DCA

Passenger1C
Aviator C
Solution

@Krissteep  I found this information on one of the Ramp Agent postings.  Not sure if its the same for FA? 

To work at the airport, you must be able to obtain a Secured Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge. You will be required to meet all local airport requirements. For the security access, job seekers must have no conviction, guilty plea, or judgment not guilty by reason of insanity in the last 10 years for any of the following disqualifying criminal offenses, as determined by the federal Transportation Security Administration:

1 Forgery of certificates, false marking of aircraft, and other aircraft registration violations 
2 Interference with air navigation 
3 Improper transportation of a hazardous material 
4 Aircraft piracy 
5 Interference with flightcrew members or flight attendants 
6 Commission of certain crimes aboard aircraft in flight 
7 Carrying a weapon or explosive aboard an aircraft 
8 Conveying false information and threats 
9 Aircraft piracy outside the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States 
10 Lighting violations involving transporting controlled substances 
11 Unlawful entry into an aircraft or airport area that serves air carriers or foreign air carriers contrary to 
established security requirements 
12 Destruction of an aircraft or aircraft facility 
13 Murder 
14 Assault with intent to murder 
15 Espionage 
16 Sedition 
17 Kidnapping or hostage taking 
18 Treason 
19 Rape or aggravated sexual abuse 
20 Unlawful possession, use, sale, distribution, or manufacture of an explosive or weapon 
21 Extortion 
22 Armed robbery or felony unarmed robbery 
23 Distribution of, or intent to distribute, a controlled substance 
24 Felony arson 
25 A felony involving a threat 
26 A felony involving: Willful destruction of property; importation or manufacture of a controlled substance; burglary; theft; dishonesty, fraud, or misrepresentation; possession or distribution of stolen property; aggravated assault; bribery; or illegal possession of a controlled substance punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment of more than 1 
year, or any other crime classified as a felony that the Administrator determines indicates a propensity for placing contraband aboard an aircraft in return for money 
27 Violence at international airports 
28 Conspiracy or attempt to commit any of the aforementioned criminal acts listed above

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Sanguenetta
Adventurer C

Southwest Airlines has requirements list that answers that question specifically. Look up requirements for the position and it will tell you exactly.