Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Application 2018

jsadavrati
Explorer C

I am so excited to have gotten a date for my phone interview, yay!!  I do have a few concerns about the application itself, however.  I am hoping someone out there can share any insight so I can get some sleep in the coming few weeks before "the call", ha!  Firstly, I could not find a place to put specific dates for my residence history as I did for the employment section.  I keep feeling as if I missed something.  Also, for the volunteerism, I left it blank.  I have done several "Making Strides" breast cancer walks and some informal hiking trail cleanups in the Catskills, but didn't know if that counted.  Lastly, I have been gainfully UNemployed (ha!) since last November when I moved to KY for my husband's work.  I have done this on purpose, since I did not want to commit myself to an employer while I am actively persuing a career with SWA.  I am hoping I am just being a nervous nellie (I still have nightmares that I have final exam for a college class I forgot to attend, if that tells you anything about my psyche).  Thank you in advance for any advice you can share!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Flight Attendant Application 2018

Ereadura
Explorer C

Hi, 

Congratulations for the opportunity and I wish you successful interview and career.

I have a question concerning the application. I have made multiple attempt to apply online but seems like no link related to this opportunity. 

Kindly share a useful link if possible to this application.

Thanks and congratulations again.

Ereadura

Ereadura

jsadavrati
Explorer C

Ereadura,

Thank you!  If you didn't apply the week of February 5, unfortunately , you will have to wait until they open again.  For that sign up with Southwest careers so you can get email alerts about flight attendant openings.  If you were able to apply that week, a recruiter will send you a link to the full application when you are next in line.  Either way, keep your ear to the ground and keep the good vibes!!

Redrose0169
Explorer C

Hi everyone 

I applied for the Flight Attendant position on February 5, 2018 - US - TX - Dallas 

2018-21940

Does anyone have updates? My application is in the received submission status.  

Thank you so much! 

Excited and anticipating 

Dallas Texan resident 

Carlosandme1623
Explorer A

Hello fellow applicant! I applied in February as well and got an email in March saying they were still going through all the applications and i was a part of that. I check my email at least twice a day hoping for any update but nothing. I know they had a crazy response and i knew it would take a while but since it's already November and i haven't heard anything does that mean they've filled all the positions or are they still going down the list? 

Sheri0813
Explorer C

HI there,

I'm going through the same situation. On my dashboard it states "submission recieved" and haven't heard anything back

A current employee told me to find out the time the application was submitted and the status.

I can't find this information anywhere

Best of luck 

It's the best company ever to work for.....I miss it so much

Faulknlm
Explorer C

Hello! Smiley Happy

I also applied for the flight attendant position on Feb 5.  When checking my dashboard I no longer see my application.  

I received an email 5/30 about the new system and have logged in since then.  I am wondering if it’s possible my application got erased?  

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar situation?

Peace and LUV!

Liza

MJ55
Explorer C

Hi jsavradi!

When did you submit your app? In 2018? I have been waiting for the website to allow FA apps since April. Did I somehow miss it?  

Congrats on your interview date-you'll do a wonderful job, I'm sure!

Passenger1C
Aviator C

What is the current status of your submission on the dashboard? The dashboard is your best bet to find the most current updated information. 

Keep in mind that SW receives thousand of applications, and it takes time to carefully review all of them. Practice patience. 

Good luck to you all. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Sheri0813
Explorer C

Hi,

I also submitted my application on the opening day. I'm a former F/A of 18 years for SWA

I haven't heard anything back or where to look at the status of my application.

A goof friend and FA has asked me to check the time the applicaton was submitted. 

When I go to my dashboard it states "submission recieved". I need to know how to access where my time stamp of application is and current status.

Can you please direct me on how to find this info?

Thank you !!!

Sheri