Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Application Status

sofly38
Explorer C

Hello Southwest Family and Community!

I hope everyone is having an AMAZING New Year so far! I applied last February 2018 for the Flight Attendant position and my status still says,"Received Submission" on my dashboard. I never received any other email or correspondence. Am I still in the running for the position over a year later?? Thanks in advance for any information!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flight Attendant Application Status

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@sofly38

Received submission means you are still in the running for the job they just haven't started reviewing your application yet. Southwest received a ton of applications for Flight Attendants in 2018 so it will take time just hang in there. Once they start looking at your application you would see a status like under review. If the status says closed/complete that would mean your application was reviewed and you were not selected to move on in the hiring process at this time 

Hope this helps

Blake  

Yesheymiller
Explorer C

@bec102896 

Hi, I am so happy to find this platform! Will you be hiring Flight attendants in 2019? I would love to apply. I love everything about Southwest is about. Thank you in advance, I appreciate your time.  

Thanks!

Yeshey

bec102896
Aviator A

@Yesheymiller

Welcome to the Community!

unfortunately we won't know when Southwest will be hiring for Flight Attendants again. I'm sure there will be a post here in the community letting people know when applications will be accepted next but I'm not sure on the date. 

You can also sign up on the southwest careers website for alerts that way when the job(s) your interested in become available it will email you letting you know you can apply for that job.

hope this helps! 

Blake 

Yesheymiller
Explorer C

Thank you Blake!

sofly38
Explorer C

Thank you so much Blake for taking the time to read and respond to my question!! It was refreshing to hear that I am still in the running after over a year. I am a firm believer that wonderful things come to those who wait! I am hopeful that when they get to my application that I will move forward. Thanks again!Heart

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@sofly38

I think you should contact act.team@wnco for further information. I have never heard of anyone who is waiting for the response for over a year!? I am quite shocked to hear about that.

sofly38
Explorer C

Thank you so much for the insight! The length of time is alarming..but I also know that the position is highly competitive and receives thousands of applicants. I am hopeful that they just havent gotten to my application yet and that they reached their cap for last year. I will, however, reach out to the email address you gave and let you know the response, if I can. Thanks again!