Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Applications are now closed for departure - Thank you!

kmjasmin
Explorer C

Will the flight attendant jobs be open again in 2018? Apparently I just missed these by a week. 

Kimceewoo
Explorer C

Hello Admins,

I am having difficulty accessing my application status as it is telling me my email address I used doesn't exist in your system. I did apply on February 5, 2018 and received a link to follow my application process which showed me my application was submitted successfully! 

Can somebody help me get back in please? 

Thank you, 

Kim WoodIMG_4583.JPG

mylissa41799
Explorer C

Hi there, quick question for you? How often does flight attendant job openings come about? I noticed you just recently closed one. Don’t want to miss next round, so wanted to try and get the I go ahead of time. Thanks So Much, Melissa 

StaceyLouise
Explorer B

Hello Kelby,

I am so excited to get this process started and I really appreciate all the wonderful information you have provided.  I was wondering how the phone interview works.  Do they just call you or do they send you a time that you need to be available to interview?  Again, thank you for being such a great support system for eveyone involved in this exciting process.

Stacey

dianemaguire
Explorer A

Hello, if you have not yet, you should receive a phone call with one of Southwest representitives scheduling an interview date and time with you. I hope that this answers your question. Good luck!! 

Blak_jak79
Adventurer C

Thanks for the information and ensuring that there is still a possibility of a chance with this great community!! Thanks S.Buggs

dianemaguire
Explorer A

I received a call and they arranged a date and time that would be best for me to interview. My interviewer was very nice and the interview was quite laid back and comfortable. It was actually one of the most enjoyable interviews that I have ever had. 

I will you much luck on your interview.  Please let us know how it goes. 

DianeMaguire

8728glenarbor
Explorer C

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer so many pre & post application questions. Your patience is amazing!

I have a silly question - my application was accepted in the wee hours of Feb 6 while I was on a big boat in the Caribbean. After returning home around the 14th my 19 yr old son/housesitter said I had a few calls but he couldn't remember who some were from.  When prompted with Southwest he said maybe, maybe not. 

What are the chances I missed a call (there was no corresponding e-mail)? Please put my fears to rest that I did not miss out on this opportunity and I still have a chance to become part of the Southwest family.

I really do appreciate your patience with this unusual question.

PS my dashboard still says that my application has been submitted

MEHRHARDT
Explorer C

I am very interested in becoming a flight attendant, and I oviously didnt make the deadline for the applications. This maybe a stupid question but is there a training program, books, or certain things  anyone would recomend I do before applying?

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

There is no outside training or certifications. Southwest has their own school they will put you through. I would suggest learning and familiarize yourself with the core values, vision, and mission of Southwest. Brush up on your customer service skills and first aid knowledge.  Make you sign up for job alerts as well so you will get an email when they open the FA position again. 

I hope this helps. Have a LUVly night ! 

Christy. 

Christy Plagge