Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Job Posting

dbr0727
Explorer C

where or how does one apply for Flight Attendant position?

tcamar2001
Explorer C

I'd like to apply for a flight attendant position...is there a special link? 

TANK211
Explorer C

HI AND BLESSINGS IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME AMEN THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY FOR I'M LOOKING FOR A CAREER AND A NEW OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORK PLACE I BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR SOME TIME. ITS BEEN HARD FOR ME AND WOULD BE GLAD TO WORK AGAIN I PRAY THAT THERES A CHANCE HERE AT THE MOMENT I HAVE NOTHING AND SEEKING WORK THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND GOD BLESS YOU AMEN 

rachelalfred99
Explorer C

hello,

Do I still have time to apply.  I'm extremely interested, my resume is on my profile.  Thanks

RetLeo
Explorer A

Hi Rachel,

I would delete the multiple resume post.  In my opinion, you have way too much private information posted on a public forum.  I'm just looking out for you...this is a security issue for your safety.  Resume is part of the application process and should not be posted on this public forum.

I'm just concerned for your safety.....coming from 20 years police officer.

good luck

RetLeo
Explorer A

flight attendant posting closed in Feb, 2018, but you can get job opening alerts.  

Babeblues1968
Explorer C

I can not find where to fill out a application for flight attendant 

Lisapolk66
Explorer C

Hello my name is Lisa Polk. I am requesting information about being a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines. I have been applying for 2 yrs to no avail. If anyone has information about how I can apply and get my resume in please let me know. I am and have managed for over 20 years. I move to Vegas 2 yrs ago with the hope of working for Southwest. I have used their service for many years. I have great customer service experience and believe this is my calling. Any information will greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance 

HappyMatters
Explorer A

Hats off to all those that kept trying to get through last week while the site timed out, I hope you managed to get through. 

Cheers, 

Kevin

HappyMatters
Explorer A

Hey everyone:

Just for fun, I wanted to post a goofy cover letter "draft" and it made my wife laugh historically. I think she felt sorry for me :(.

I thought it was creative given my inane writing ability. To all the talented writers out there that inspire revolutions, tug at every emotion in our souls, and change the way we view ourselves and our place in history, hats off.

TITLE: Did You See This Cover Letter Circulating Southwest Airlines? 

Monday, February 05, 2018

To whom has my future at hand:

I was twenty one years old when I discovered my purpose in life and that was to be the best father and husband in the world. Little did I know that my sacrifices to make their lives better would actually benefit me equally as I gained character, honor, and compassion for others.

I understand now the real meaning behind the statement, “If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life". I also can contest that a smile is infectious. Given the opportunity, you will see that with my age, experience, and work ethic makes me the ideal candidate.

I grew up in the back seat of a Navion Airplane (a single engine aircraft) and flew all over the United States from birth until I was ten years old. Flying was a big part of my life and I ended up applying with Southwest Airlines in 1985. I never got the call for an interview and  that was okay because life gave me the opportunity to do other great things.

If you are looking to hire the person discribed in the near perfect flight attendant survey, I’m that attendant. Below are a few charactor defining life experiences:

• Last summer my daughter singed me up to run a marathon with her, two weeks later, I did.
  • I took Kung-Fu for five years with my son, because he wanted me to do it with him.
  • I did stand-up comedy because I wanted others to laugh, and one did.
  • I have driven miles to return wallets and phones I find, because that’s the right thing to do.
  • I like to invent things to make life easier as seen in my “Self Inflating Whoopee Cushion”.

My luggage is packed and shirts wrapped in plastic. I’m hooked and all you need to do is reel me in.

Cordially,

Kevin Luxon

Pardon any grammar mistakes.