Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Opening

pacisneros
Explorer C

Hello,

I am aware of the very slim Flight Attendant Openings and that they only occur a few times a year. I saw that there was one in February. Do you know when the next one will be? I signed up for alerts so I hope that helps! Also, is there anywhere I can email a resume or say I am interested to have my name out there? 

Thank you for the help!

Paige 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Attendant Opening

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @pacisneros,

Thanks for your interest in Southwest Airlines! Although we do not have a specific posting schedule fro this role, I can share that we do not have plans to open the general Flight Attendant role in the near future. In the meantime, you can join our Talent Community by following this link. We hope to see your application next time this role is available!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Jonilittle
Explorer C

Hi Kelby

I'm not sure I'm on the right board.  If you could help me or direct me to who might be able to I would greatly appreciate it.  I applied along with the thousands of others for a FA position back in Feb or Mar.(?) during that brief window SW was accepting applications.  Had my phone interview about this time in May.  I received a phone call and 2 emails congratulating me on making it to the F2F interview.  I was told it would be 30-60 days though before I was contacted about the date of the F2F.  It has been over 60 days.  I am currently teaching but out for the summer.  If I don't hear soon I will be putting my principal in a real bind trying to find a replacement.  I'm really excited and have waited along time for this opportunity but I'd really like to know when I might be able to have my interview and proceed hopefully.  Thank you so much, Joni. 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jonilittle,

Thank you for your interest in joining the Southwest Team, and I apologize for the process delays. Ultimately, if you are selected from the one-on-one interview, you will still have to complete the background check process and be scheduled into a class. We typically schedule classes out a few months in advance, so you should be able to give plenty of notice if you are selected. I hope that this helps! Best of luck in the school year.

Kelby
Southwest Careers