Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Opportunities

msdiva1159
Explorer C

Hello,

Hope this message finds everyone doing well.  Well, I LOVE Southwest Airlines and i have wanted to become apart of the LOVE family for a very long time.  Becoming a FA was my 2nd dream career and I have not been able to become one because I have "always" had a job. Maybe in the very near future, SW may want to try having a PAID TRAINING for aspiring FA's.  I can't pursue this career because I cannot afford to not have a job without pay for 6-8 weeks and no company is going to "give" you that time off to pursue other career opportunities.  I think that if there was an incentive for people like me, you will get more applicants and more people will work EXTRA hard to make sure they pass the training.

I have 25+ years in the Healthcare Insurance Industry and I have not seen any opportunities where my skill set can be utilized.  I have contacted several recruiters on LinkedIn for assistance and I've received NO RESPONSE! Any assistance to become apart of the "LOVE" family would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Flight Attendant Opportunities

Sanguenetta
Adventurer C

Airlines train their own but to be familiar learn Airline/Airport codes, get First Aide/CPR/AED Certification, learn the different parts of airplane . Fortunately I was trained by a Delta Darling at Glendale Community College plus 3 rounds of internship at TBITEC( Tom Bradley International Airport but if you Google tge codes and study them half the work is done. Make flash cards to learn codes just be creative

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @msdive1159.

Thank you so much for your interest in a Career at Southwest Airlines! Although the four weeks of Flight Attendant training is not paid, we do provide hotel, a food stipend, and travel to and from training. Upon graduation, participants do receive compensation for back pay to cover the weeks they were in training.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

sottomusic
Explorer C

Hi, I met a flight attendant last night who told me SW was hiring for Flight Attendants but I don't see any jobs posted for FA. Any idea when will you be hiring and how can I be notified? 

Thank you!

Lissmorales
Explorer C

Hi there! I am also interested in becoming a flight attendant with Southwest, do you know when the application would be available ? Thank you so much!

Passenger1C
Aviator C

The best way to be notified when the position is posted is to sign up with your contact information and to practice patience. Click on the link below to read more:

https://careers.southwestair.com/jointalentcommunity?applyType=JTC

SWA Passenger, Community Champion