Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Flight Attendant Posting and User Guidelines

hat11010
Explorer C

I am interested in going into flight attending and I saw that openeings might be happening on Feb. 5th. I logged into the website but I still had a question: How do you upload a resume onto the website? It feels like it keeps sending me in cirlces. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @hat11010,

Thanks for your interest in joining our Team! You can find step-by-step instructions for this here. Good luck throughout the application process!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Torih518
Explorer C

Hello! Can you share what the starting salary is for FA’s? Thank you!

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Torih518,

You can find the answer to your question in the "Pay Information" section of our FAQs. Just three days left!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

messagetrina
Explorer C

Thank ya'll for all the advice and helpful links. God bless and may many beautiful opportunities be blessed as well. Fly with heart! 

EducationHood
Explorer B

I found it was easier to create a Dropbox account. I also logged in with LinkedIn because it allows you to save a resume from the database. With Dropbox, Word was more compatible.

Juliaedna
Explorer C

I'm retiring from one career and am interested in becoming a flight attendant. Are their height and/or weight restrictions?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Julieaedna -- We love that you are interested in joining our Team, and congratulations on your retirement from your current career! There are no specific height/weight restrictions for this position. However, as part of our Flight Attendant handbook, a Flight Attendant’s weight must be of such proportion to height that a neat appearance is maintained and the physical ability to perform all job functions is not hindered. A Flight Attendant must be able to perform all job functions including, but not limited to, the following physical performance standards:

• The ability to, facing forward, walk and fit comfortably down the aircraft (or aircraft mockup) aisle
  • The ability to quickly fit through the over-wing window exit
  • The ability to fit into a jump seat shoulder harness without modification, including closure without a seat belt extension
  • The ability to lift items of up to 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height
  • The ability to assist Customers with carryon items, including lifting carryon items from floor to above shoulder level with assistance

Compliance with physical performance standards is measured during Initial Training and at any time an Inflight Leader may make a reasonable and good faith determination that the Flight Attendant’s physical size may impair the performance of Flight Attendant duties. Also, only standard uniform sizes are available. Men’s uniforms range in waist size from 28 to 42 inches. Women’s uniforms range in size from 0 to 18. No tailor-made uniforms are permitted.

We hope to see your application on the 5th! 

Kelby
Southwest Careers

yolandalandi30
Explorer C

Good Morning,

I am interested in the Flight Attendant position with your company. Will I need to wait until February5th until the job is posted? I fly southwest alot and love the company.

Thanks for any information you can provide

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @yolandalandi30,

Thank you for your excitement and for your love -- we love you back! You will need to wait until the position posts on February 5th to submit your application. You can find more information about the application process here. T-minus 6 days!

Kelby
Southwest Careers