Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant

Lcwilsonfa
Explorer A

Just turned 60. My dream as a child was to become a flight attendant. My height was an issue, so

I joined the world of "how can I be of service to you? I have had a passion for people my entire life and have a life of experience with repeat and word of mouth customers for over 20 years. Recently I went to an aviation school , (due to my age) and was awarded class valdevitorian . I then became AED certified, lol, I have a lifetime of persistance and going the extra mile to make people happy. I am the person that is passionate for integrity, law, and ensuring people are more that happy. Its in my blood and is what makes me happy.

I was wondering if I am too old to fly for Southwest. The truth is, please don't laugh, before 911, I used to go to LAX just to watch people unite. At the gym, while riding the bike, Southwest flies to land at Bur. my heart skips a beat. Tonite, was the final sign for me...I was driving and a Southwest plane was headed inbound and I actually stopped my car and got out to watch! I gasped and had the same feeling I had when I opened my customer service business over 20 years ago. I feel like Southwest is home, where I can make a differenc. The dream I have is to be a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines. Is that possible? I have achieved all airline requirements regarding lifting, strength , reach, etc..This is my hearts desire. Thank you for being the friendliest, warmest airlines in the sky. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Flight Attendant

Lcwilsonfa
Explorer A

I am new to this forum. Can someone tell me why, beside my name it says"tourist"?

I am a resident of the US and Im not sure how to change that...lol   thanx so much

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

The status changes based on number of posts and other contributions to the community. Anyone signing up as a new member would be a "tourist" as it isn't related to where you are from.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Lcwilsonfa,

Thanks for your passion about Southwest and enthusiasm about joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! The only age requirement we have is that you must be at least 20 years old to apply. To find more information regarding our upcoming Flight Attendant posting on February 5th, please click here. We hope to see your application!

Kelby
Southwest Careers