Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendants Based @ OAK/SFO/SJC

James94525
Adventurer C

Excuse me if you read this before, I tried to reply directly to a Southwest Employee's reply, but it got buried in the thread

I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area all my life. I under stand there is a demand there for home grown Flight Attendants here. That too many move here, only to relocate to other cities. I drive for Lyft and spoke with someone (pick up lots of Flight Attendants) with a friend who was just hired to fly out of Oakland, though they aren't posting the position but for a few hours. Any ideas of how I can submit my resume for the Oakland area, even though there is no posted position? I hadn't submitted my resume yet, I assumed that Southwest wouldn't be hiring till the 737 MAX8 was flying again, that must really hurt those flight crews.

If there is any advice you can give me, I would really appreciate it. You can PM if you like. I am 60, which I thought might be a strike against me, but now is a sign of stability. My biggest fear was having to relocate! Driving for Lyft, I got a jacket for completing 1,000 rides. What do you get for replying to 1,000 requests from potential flight attendants?

Thank you for your time. 

James Perrin

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Flight Attendants Based @ OAK/SFO/SJC

James94525
Adventurer C

Got my resume in! Now it is in God's hands!

Relll06
Adventurer C

Did you apply to an open position or just left a resume 

James94525
Adventurer C

Left a resume. Someone I know did same thing a few months back and was recently hired in Oakland for the reasons I stated above

James94525
Adventurer C

Been over a month, not a nipple. Keeping the Faith!