Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendant application status

Jessiemerick
Explorer C

I applied for a flight attendant position back in February and received an updated message in March saying I “successfully applied”. I haven’t received any updates since. This is the first time I’ve applied to Southwest. Is there a way to check application status? Does Southwest send out rejection emails? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Flight attendant application status

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Jessiemerick,

Thanks for your interest in joining the Southwest Family! You can check your application status by logging in to the specific Flight Attendant Dashboard here. You will be contacted, no matter what the decision about your application. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Cmullen5
Explorer C

@KelbyTansey  Hello!  One of my good friends is flight attendant for SW and did tell me it would take awhile, but I fear missing the phone call. What I’m noticing is I should receive an email with a call date/ or a thank you for your interest notice once they sort through the applications?  Just want to make sure it hasn’t been one of the spam phone calls I’ve hit ignore on! 😱

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @Cmullen5,

You are absolutely correct -- you will receive both a phone call and an email if you are selected to move forward to the phone screen. If you are not selected, you will receive an email explaining that, as well. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

ptrinh
Explorer B

Hi Kelby,

Hope all is well! I applied way back in February but there's no update on the portal...the submission for the job positing isn't there either. Did my application get lost? Because I did get a confirmation that I submitted an application but I haven't hear anything since...no offers or rejections.

Best regards,

Paulina

Cmullen5
Explorer C

Hello,  I applied about a year ago and still haven’t received an email stating whether or not I was selected.  Is there any way to check this or should I assume the process is over? 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@Cmullen5 what is the current status of your application on the dashboard? Have you checked your spam folder? 

You can also search for a response on SWA’s career FAQ. Maybe you will find the answer to your questions there. 

https://careers.southwestair.com/faq

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

Cmullen5
Explorer C

Status said received submission.