Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendant requirements

Bgebhart
Explorer C

I'm interested in becoming a flight attendant, it's always been a dream of mine. I am just wondering what the requirements are and any tips or qualifications that may help me achieve this dream.

Thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Flight attendant requirements

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @Bgebhart,

Thanks for your question and interest in joining the Southwest family!  Our basic qualifications for the positions are as follows:

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

A Career as a Flight Attendant at Southwest Airlines requires a Warrior Spirit, Servant's Heart and a Fun-LUVing Attitude.  We hope to see your application the next time this opportunity is available.

Best wishes,

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

jwattfam
Explorer C

This is awesome that SWA is opening up the application process again, I am retiring out a School District in hopes of becoming a Flight Attendant. I live with two SWA flight attendants that have over 30 years experiance between them!!  Plus I am still young enough to start a second carreer. 

Can't wait to apply:)

J

CLOUDB
Explorer C

Hi,   my name is Claudia 

I cant seem to find where I apply.  Is there another area? I have tryed southwest carrers, apply 

thank you 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @CLOUDB,

The position is going live today, so you should be able to find it at southwest.com/careers very soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

gurneetkaur
Explorer C

Hi,

I am interested to apply for a flight attendant for Southwest. Where do I begin?

Thank you.

Gurneet Kaur

Summerjk
Explorer C