Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hiring for flight attendants

lmuckey
Explorer C

I was recently on a flight from Chicago to Cancun and was in a discussion with one of the flight attendants about her job, which she says she absolutely LUV'S!!  I have been a travel agent for over 30 years and am looking at doing something different but still keeping a career in travel.  She had mentioned she thought she heard Southwest might be hiring soon for these positions, is there a way to get an email when this is about to happen.  I have been checking the careers site daily and have not seen anything posted.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Lisa

Omaha, Nebraska

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @lmuckey,

We hope that you had a fantastic trip to Cancun! We are delighted to hear that you are interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant. Unfortunately, we do not have plans to open our Flight Attendant role in the immediate future. However, you can sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest (on a desktop) or click here on a mobile device. We hope to see your resume the next time our Flight Attendant position is posted!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

lmuckey
Explorer C

Thank you for your prompt response. I have taken your advise to receive job alerts and will upload a resume for if and when they do post a position.

lmuckey
Explorer C

Can you tell me if the "intern" positions offered are for students only?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi, @lmuckey,

College Internships are available for full-time students up to one semester after they graduate. We also have an MBA internship program and high school internship program. To find out more about all of our opportunities through our Campus Reach program, click here.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @lmuckey,

If you are still interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant, you can find the most recent information regarding our upcoming posting here. We hope to see your application on February 5th!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

lmuckey
Explorer C

Hello Kelby,

Received job alert and applied at around 3pm Herb time on February 5th. 

Waiting patiently as I know those who applied August 2016 and internal employees should be contacted first as well as those who were able to get on right at 900am and beyond in the orders received are getting emails and phone interviews.  I saw over 28,000 applications were received. That says so much about Southwest and I will be so excited when my time comes. Would love to be able to continue to give great customer service with a smile at a higher altitude.