What are southwest’s policy on tattoos? 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

ChristinaAyala
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi there @Ortizcota10,

Thanks for your question and interest in joining the Southwest family!  We are excited to share with you we will be posting the Flight Attendant position on February 5th.  And, with regards to your question tattoos are acceptable as long as they are not visible.  We hope to see your application and click here to find out how to apply! 

Christina Ayala, Southwest Careers Moderator
The Southwest Community

mizzdana65
Explorer C

I would like the requirements information for a flight attendant. 

I have entered a profile and added a resume already. Is there anything else I need to do to prepare for the Feb 2018 job openings?

franktravel
Aviator B

- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @mizzdana65,

It sounds like you are all set to apply on February 5th! Now all that's left is to sit back and wait. T-minus 6 days!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

sonali14
Explorer C

Hi!

Do you know when the next time SW will be hiring for FAs? I missed the February one!

Thanks!

typicalsyd
Explorer C

Hello ! My name is Sydney Feldman. Even though the positions might be all filled up, i still wanted to go ahead and try to apply for the position anyway. I've always wanted to travel for as long as i can remember, there's something about being a flight attendant that just adds excitement and it would be an amazing experince to be able to do. A lot of people would probably say the same thing as what i'm saying or close to it, but I'm not like everyone else. Being able to do something that i love is all i really ever want to do in life. Being or becoming a flight attendant is something that I'm very passionate about, i love the fact that it's something different yet exotic and thrilling to experince. I love to be able to make people's day, not everyone really sees people the way i do and i love being able to make people smile, because knowing that i made someone's day better is amazing feeling to me because most people don't or wouldn't see it that way.

kathrynkilian
Explorer C

If I have a tattoo that is still visible with clothing and cover it with makeup is that acceptable for being a Flight Attendant? Also, will you be posting a new Flight Attendant position soon?

Thank you 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @kathrynkilian,

Thanks for your interest in joining the Southwest Team! The official appearance standard regarding tattoos is,"Tattoos cannot be visible. All tattoos must be appropriately covered by pants, long sleeve shirts, hair, makeup, or scarf." 

Although we do not yest know when we will post the Flight Attendant position again, we encourage you to join our Talent Community and keep an eye on our Careers site, as opportunities change often.

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Aggie1020
Explorer C

hi Kelby im so eager and motivated to join the southwest flight attendant family. pleae message me the next time i can apply. thank you in advance