Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Initial Review: Resume Review: In progress

Randy4Southwest
Explorer C

Hi. I know there have been a lot of post in the past about status updates on applications. I was just curious about 2 of my applications that have both been in the “Initial Review:Resume Review:In progress” for almost a month. I have not received any communication via email or phone calls in regards to a phone interview. One of the jobs a recruiter emailed me to reapply due to technical difficulties. I reapplied that same day.  I have always wanted to work for Southwest and I definitely have the warrior spirit. I know patients is important but I was just wondering if my info got lost along the way.  If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know.  Thank you!!!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Initial Review: Resume Review: In progress

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Southwest gets a lot of applications for jobs and they only have so many recruiters so it can take time. the best advice is to be patient and watch your email for any updates. 

Since it still says received your still in the running for the job. 

Good luck!

Blake

zabrina95
Explorer B

Hello 

I am in the same situation as well here in Hawaii. My friends tell me different stories. One works at SW in Las Vegas and his recruiter friend told him because I didnt go to a hiring information session I am out. Then my husbands cousin here knows a recruiter and was told they are calling people  back.  It's been two months that I applied. I am being patient but my other question if we get denied do we get a notification? 

@Randy4Southwest wrote:

Hi. I know there have been a lot of post in the past about status updates on applications. I was just curious about 2 of my applications that have both been in the “Initial Review:Resume Review:In progress” for almost a month. I have not received any communication via email or phone calls in regards to a phone interview. One of the jobs a recruiter emailed me to reapply due to technical difficulties. I reapplied that same day.  I have always wanted to work for Southwest and I definitely have the warrior spirit. I know patients is important but I was just wondering if my info got lost along the way.  If anyone has had a similar experience please let me know.  Thank you!!!

Randy4Southwest
Explorer C

I would think that eventually our profile would go closed complete if we are not selected to move forward. I have not heard of any hiring information sessions. I’m here in Dallas. And would think I would have seen something posted about that. I’m just trying to be patient and keep a positive attitude.  Thanks for your help and good luck!!!

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@zabrina95 @Randy4Southwest is correct. You would see “Closed/Complete on your dashboard, and that means you are no longer being looked at to move forward in the process. 

What is the current status on your dashboard? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

zabrina95
Explorer B

Thank you. It still says received applications. 

zabrina95
Explorer B

Thank you. It still says received applications. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@zabrina95 Your current status is a good sign in my opinion. You still have a chance to move forward in the interview process. 

Good luck to you! 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

zabrina95
Explorer B

Thank you. That gives me hope.