Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Insight Please

sheppard747
Explorer C

I submitted an application on line on Feb 3, 2018 and today is March 1, 2018 but I have yet to receive any information from Southwest. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from SW. Or, does anyone know what I should do next?

I would love some insight.

THANKS

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Insight Please

Christyplagge
Adventurer B

@sheppard747 

Good evening,  I wanted to let you know that from here it is a hurry up and wait game. The best advice I have for you as someone who is still waiting for a call for an interview is it can be weeks, months and possibly up to a year. While I’m hoping it’s not that long I’m still hopeful. I have made myself familiar with the core values, mission and vision of Southwest Airlines. Other than prepping yourself to wow the socks off the recruiters when you finally get that phone call there’s not really much else to do. Me and a few others call this time character building. Best of luck!!! 

Good luck! Hope meet you at a FA class some day. 

Have a LUVly night,  

Christy Plagge 

Christy Plagge

sheppard747
Explorer C

Thank You SO VERY MUCH!!!!!  This info really helps. Smiley Wink

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @sheppard747,

Did you apply through https://corporatecareers-southwest.icims.com? If so, you can follow the progress of your resume on that site.

After logging in, click on the dashboard hyperlink in the upper right hand corner. Then scroll down passed the “General Options” section to the “Past Job Submittals” section. This section should list any corporate jobs for which you’ve applied (there’s a different dashboard for Airport Operations and Flight Attendant positions). Each entry should have a status such as “Received Submission”, “Resume Review: In Progress”, or “Closed Complete”. The status of each application is updated as it moves through the pipeline.

It sounds as though Southwest primarily reaches out by email first.* Be sure to keep an eye on your spam/junk folders so you don’t miss an important email.

Please keep in mind Southwest receives hundreds of thousands of resumes every year so their response may be a bit delayed. Rest assured they aren’t ignoring you. The People Department is hard at work to ensure they fill the positions with the right Co-Hearts.

Good luck!

ILV2fly

*Disclaimer: These are only my observations/opinions. An actual Employee may provide different information.

ILV2fly
Adventurer C

Hi @sheppard747,

Here’s a more accurate answer. I found it in a different discussion. This was Kelby Tansey’s response. She is an Employee.

“Our Recruiters will reach out via phone call and will leave a voicemail. If they can't reach you after trying that avenue, they will then follow-up with an email. No need to worry -- our Recruiting process is planned in a way to give multiple Communication touch-points to our Candidates. Best of luck!”

Hope this clears up my earlier response.

Good luck!

ILV2fly

sheppard747
Explorer C

Thank You so very much..... This really helps. Can't wait to get started.