Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Internship qualification question

Saunjuli
Explorer C

Hello,

I am writing to ask about the requirements for internship at Southwest Airlines. I am in the processes of a career change through education, from Retail Management to Industrial and Organizational Psychology. The majority of the internships require full time or 12 credit hours and a junior in college. I meet the requirement of being a junior but I only take 9 credit hours in an accelerated bachelor's program. Would this disqualify me automatically from applying even if I have many years of work experience overall? Also would Southwest People Department be willing to combine my work experience with college credit hours before a complete disqualification?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Internship qualification question

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @Saunjuli,

Thanks for your interest in our Campus Reach Internship program. It’sounds like you have great experience that could be applicable to the internship! Overall, as long as you are defined by your school or university as a “full-time student,” and you have acquired 60 credit hours by the time the internship starts, then you are eligible to apply for our internships. We hope to see your application soon!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

Re: Internship qualification question

Saunjuli
Explorer C

Fantastic!!

Thanks Kelby, South West is a great company from its business decisions to people and always a great company to study when an someone wants to do it right!